Glen Campbell

All music posts here please.
Chunk McDaniel
Has thanked: 0

Glen Campbell

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Did anyone else catch the Glen documentary last weekend. What a fantastic piece of film making. A truely great song writer and a magnificent guitarist. I didn't know he has Alzheimer's it was inspiring watcching this man fight on against such a debilitating disease. It was also amazing to see how he wemt from being unable to remember his family members names to hitting the stage and performing and playing some of the most amazing guitar solos. The neuroligist said he was only able to do this because the part of his brain that he accessed for music was so highly developed. Very interesting and also very sad.

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Glen Campbell

Unread post by zebbo »

It was a sad program for sure. He's been a bit of a handful at various times in his life but an undoubted talent. When it came to the bit where he was singing "I aint gonna miss you" I couldn't speak for the lump in my throat.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Chunk McDaniel
Has thanked: 0

Re: Glen Campbell

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Yeah Zebbo my wife and I were both very emotional watching it. His guitar picking was always immaculate and it was great to see all his family involved. Great voice and great player he was blessed.