Online Radio Channel

All music posts here please.
Simon Hickie
Has thanked: 0

Online Radio Channel

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Here's an interesting channel for those who like internet radio: https://www.concertzender.nl/en/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Online Radio Channel

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Radio Swiss is better quality.

Simon Hickie

But I prefer the music on the Dutch site!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The music is fine, it is just not your normal run of the mill, they play some pretty obscure stuff. The pop / rock channel is duff I don't use that, just the Jazz and classical channels. For pop and rock I use Paradise Radio.

I play next to nothing but radio now, as I can work and not bother with it, it just gets on with giving me music. I rejected Radio in the past because of all the knob head DJ's and adverts. These constant music channels are a gift from heaven.

Simon Hickie

Too much classical / romantic era stuff on Radio Swiss for my tastes. I prefer earlier (including medieval) or later.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ah well you see I am just an old romantic :lol: Mozart onward for me. Then I stop at the early 20th century when things went out of tune. Same with Jazz, proper Jazz for me, none of this free stuff - Ornette Coleman :angry-fire: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: :Bllocks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bRTFr0ytA8 :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

Simon Hickie

I'm not a huge fan of orchestra falling down the stairs stuff, but am very partial to Shostakovich and Prokofiev. I've also found quite a bit of accessible 20th century music over the years with not too much dissonance in it. Some of the 20th century American composers are well worth seeking out: obviously Copland, but also Walter Piston, Howard Hanson, Roy Harris & William Schuman. Charles Ives needs a bit of effort though.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

Frasernash
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Frasernash »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:02 pm The music is fine, it is just not your normal run of the mill, they play some pretty obscure stuff. The pop / rock channel is duff I don't use that, just the Jazz and classical channels. For pop and rock I use Paradise Radio.

I play next to nothing but radio now, as I can work and not bother with it, it just gets on with giving me music. I rejected Radio in the past because of all the knob head DJ's and adverts. These constant music channels are a gift from heaven.
How about vinyl is that for special occasions only and is internet radio quality good enough , agree on DJs overpaid and a waste of space.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I spend all my time working so changing records is not an option, even CD's are a PITA. I don't have a dedicated listening system, not enough room in the house. My work room system is what I listen to, it is in constantly change depending on what is on soak or being checked. Nadia also has a small system based on an AP20 and Cubettes.

Records are still ultimately the best but needs dictate.