Led Zeppelin

All music posts here please.
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Led Zeppelin

Unread post by kimangelis »

Saw LZ live at Preston Guild Hall in (I think) 1972. Was wearing dark pink splt-knee loons and a pale pink corduroy jacket. Shame on me but I was 14 at the time. Got backstage pass via my uncle. It was JPJ who looked after the four of us (one cousin and two schoolfriends from Accrington Grammar). JPJ was particularly caring, but the other three came and said hello. RP was my hero at the time as I had similar features and hair.... But he was talented.

Such a long time ago.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

kimangelis wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm Saw LZ live at Preston Guild Hall in (I think) 1972. Was wearing dark pink splt-knee loons and a pale pink corduroy jacket. Shame on me but I was 14 at the time. Got backstage pass via my uncle. It was JPJ who looked after the four of us (one cousin and two schoolfriends from Accrington Grammar). JPJ was particularly caring, but the other three came and said hello. RP was my hero at the time as I had similar features and hair.... But he was talented.

Such a long time ago.
You lucky beggar. Wish i could have been there but i was a twinkle in my fathers eye.

Ledzep was the first serious band i became obsessed with as teenager (The Bangles don't count) :drool: . I remember how i got there - heard Aerosmith Love in an elevator on the radio. Bought the album and then all their back catalogue and loved the early 70's stuff. That lead me to whole lotta love and Led zep II and the rest of the albums soon followed. I remember being in awe as i discovered each album in turn. I even loved Coda and the only one i am not bothered about is in through the outdoor - like the first 3 tracks though.

From Led Zep i discovered so many other brilliant rock bands. Black Sabbath anyone?
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Met quite a few as my bruv in law was Colin Burn, they were always turning up at my sisters house. Plus I got loads of albums off him for 10 bob (50p) each that had "factory sample not for sale" stickers on them, I sold them on for £1.

This https://vinylmemories.wordpress.com/201 ... in-burn-1/ and another 7 pages.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Saw them Earls Court '75 - Saturday gig along with around 18,000 others that night. The sound was more than loud enough in the adjacent hall but in the 'auditorium' itself it was excruciatingly loud and even with tissues shoved in my lugs, my ears rang from then on - yep, they started my tinnitus :(
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I was very lucky. A (catholic) neighbour accepted 'child refugees' from Belfast in early 1971. Because of that I met a young girl called Katherine Flood who exchanged my T Rex collection for Led Zeppelin II. No looking back from that point in time. Never knew what happened to Katherine. A very different world then I feel.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Leadhead

Unread post by Leadhead »

Too young to have seen them live but have seen page and plant live at various venues over the years. Have all the studio albums on remaster and classic reissues. Quite a lot of boots on vinyl too, mainly the better recordings or sound boards. Awesome band in my opinion.
Dave
Diy tt, Audiomods classic, AT 150mlx or AT 33ptgii or Rondo bronze, EE minimax phono, NVA P50sa passive, Oppo 105d, NVA A60, LS5, Tannoy precision 6.2. NVA AP10H

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

http://ledzepnews.com/2017/11/10/full-t ... nion-talk/

Jimmy Page's recent Oxford Union talk, also on You Tube.

I enjoyed reading this, although there was little I was not aware of. From th hi-fi prespective, his views on how acoustic instruments should and should not be recorded are very sound, no punn intended.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Thanks for the link CN. Read it all and then played the first two LZ albums. Awesome.
DIY FREE ZONE

Chunk McDaniel

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

No matter how many times I have tried I just can't get into LZ. Not enough melody for me I'll take the Who any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I like the Who a lot as well. They also had a great drummer. Prefer Zep though.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc