Stevie Wonder

All music posts here please.
karatestu
Great Britain

Stevie Wonder

Unread post by karatestu »

Having a Stevie wonder morning here at CPA (Cow pat audio). First up was Innervisions, then to Talking Book followed by Music of my mind and finishing (now) with Songs in the key of life. Splendid. Some hidden timbre (yuck) or should I say texture and harmonics brought from my recent dump the filter exploits.

Stevie really is such a talented chap, music for the soul. His composition abilities (1970's) and musicianship really are extraordinary which are further highlighted by the fact he is blind. He plays most of the instruments on these albums, vocals, keys, piano, keyboard bass, harmonica and drums. Being a drummer I value his drumming as they are all about the feel - he does some things that most drummers would not even think of doing. Also his harmonica style is unique and stands out on any recording I hear it on. Remember hearing it on Manchild by Herbie Hancock and instantly knew it was him.

I also like some of his later 60's stuff but after 1980's Hotter than July I think it went a bit down hill from there.
DIY FREE ZONE

tweet_my_ribbon

Re: Stevie Wonder

Unread post by tweet_my_ribbon »

Your post reminded me that I still have Fulfillingness' First Finale by Stevie Wonder so had to dig it out along with manchild by Hancock. I didn't realise SW played harmonica on manchild and I've had this record for 20 years. Looks like vinyl will be spinning tonight. :grin:
NVA amps, speakers, interconnects & speaker cables produce the music.

With help from Technics, Audio Technica, Jelco, Hana, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Cyrus & Soneteer.

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Stevie Wonder

Unread post by karatestu »

tweet_my_ribbon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm Your post reminded me that I still have Fulfillingness' First Finale by Stevie Wonder so had to dig it out along with manchild by Hancock. I didn't realise SW played harmonica on manchild and I've had this record for 20 years. Looks like vinyl will be spinning tonight. :grin:
Oooo, i forgot to play that one. Boogie on Raggea woman is a belter. Thats the next one going on.

Stevie plays harmonica on track 5 of Manchild :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE