NVA power amplifiers

All things NVA
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: NVA power amplifiers

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Naim amps didn't used to have output inductors either and are sensitive to speaker cable choice - although some modern Naits do now have them I believe... They also specify their own speaker cables and even specify recommended lengths too. What's more, their speaker cable is now obscenely priced.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Logic like that doesn't matter to these people, as truth or reality is meaningless for them. For some reason all they want are possibilities or potential reasons to try and damage, me, nva, and this forum, even if that means making it up.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

These arguments about nva are analogous to arguing the world is flat. We have moved on and only idiots now believe either argument.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

High praise indeed when Paul Messenger applauds the merits of NVA's £3500
T.S.S. power amp against his own £20,000 NAIM NAP 500.

Doc take a bow..... :clap:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

But to NAP500 wannabe's, the TSS will be beer money and dimissed as inferior. The only current Naim dealer who might just support positive views by PM is Alastair at Signals, my local Linn/Naim/Rega business - and it's just that, as he took these on as business continuation opportunities when he could no longer sell NVA in the late 90's I recall....
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

He sold out his principles - FULL STOP!!

As they all do in the end if they wish to survive (even if they very rarely started with any), no one should have anything to do with them and let them all die :twisted:

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

jammy395 wrote:High praise indeed when Paul Messenger applauds the merits of NVA's £3500
T.S.S. power amp against his own £20,000 NAIM NAP 500.

Doc take a bow..... :clap:
So he should nice kit worth a good pray, well done Doc
It can be done so imagine it.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:He sold out his principles - FULL STOP!!

As they all do in the end if they wish to survive (even if they very rarely started with any), no one should have anything to do with them and let them all die :twisted:
Seen it with TQ and Hi-fi Oink
It can be done so imagine it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I put it all down to grand plans and greed. So you sell some, so you build more, so you expand overheads more which means you need the turnover. It is a very fickle industry you can be flavour of the month and then lav paper the next. Unless you illegally contract your turnover like Linn, Naim, Cyrus etc and even then it gets you in the end.

Look at this moment in time. In the two month before Brexit turnover dips but it does that in the summer anyway, just it is a bit more, then it get worst just before Brexit. Brexit happens and the cashflow dries up apart from some astute Euro guys who cash in on that initial crash of sterling. So what is happening to these guys who expanded into it. Well unless they sell their houses they are fucked and then the bank takes it away anyway :twisted:

So how to survive in a weird market like the Hi-Fi Hobby, stay small(ish) and enjoy it and don't get greedy.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Tell me - does something like Hi-Fi Pig actually make serious money? Something like TQ goes bust it is the company, and the owner having pocketed the profit while things were going good and by robbing his ex partner runs of wealthy. Is this any different than British Home Stores - so not just Hi-Fi. Too many businessmen interested in grabbing a cash bonanza than actually doing the difficult job of actually running a company. Many hi-fi operations do stay small because they price product so high that sales are limited - but you only have to sell a few units to the gullible to make a nice little earner. Arthur Daley had nothing on these people.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)