Balanced line mains

All things NVA
Lazmo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Jamaica

Re: Balanced line mains

Unread post by Lazmo »

I would like to request a trial of the the NVA BMU unit if that is possible my MK 1 A80' amps are pretty quiet most of the time so i am thinking the undoped unit would be the place to start .
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

PM or email Terry Booth and arrange for it to be collected from him when he is ready to part with it.

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Ok Doc will do thank you ! very much appreciated :)
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

No problem. Depending on where you are, collection is probably the best option (it's a heavy thing).
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am really struggling finding (single not dual) 15 amp BS546 sockets without a switch. I want to avoid the switch if possible so may have to make that socket a no go for the BMU unless any of you know of any around. Schuko is nearly as good and better than 13 amp BS4573 so that may end up the only alternative. There must be a source for BS546 somewhere as it is still used in India and S Africa.

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

I have seen a few in the UK, but they were fancy chrome and £20 a pop.

Expensive

PM sent!

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Are these them? 15a socket
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

The cheapest I can find them, so far. http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/pr ... socket-15a
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Thanks for the help on sockets. I am trying to avoid hospital white plastic sockets unless I can find nicer looking, though MK are obviously very well made.

ALSO can you keep me updated where the dem BMU is, has it moved on yet, is it moving on and when, ta!

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Back to brit-pop (RichB)

He also I understand didn't even know what we are talking about so he seems to think this is hum through the speaker - pure ignorance, we have discussed it so many times, it is lazyness not to read the archive on the subject. PLEASE NOTE - this noise is the transformer acting as a transducer and making the noise itself acoustically it is not system noise :roll: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure where you thought I was referring to noise through the speakers, my query was about the transformer and the unit itself. Others have however answered this sufficiently for me to the effect that it does make a noise but not to the extent that it interferes with their listening, or that it works sufficiently well that noise from their other components is reduced and thus listening enjoyment is improved for them.

I used to use a laptop in my listening room and whilst the fan couldn't be heard when music was playing I knew it was there because it was audible when no music was played. Agree this would not be system noise, but is a noisy thing in the listening environment all the same so it had to go.

I'm just a bit fussy when it comes to things in the listening room which make any sort of noise other than the music intended. Indeed when the house is quiet at night I can even hear the dials on the electric meter in the hallway turning around.