Pricey Cubes!

All things NVA
southall-1998
Wales

Pricey Cubes!

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Audio Gold are still selling their old NVA Cube 3 for £450. I've been seeing them for years sitting in their shop!

Just sent them an e-mail with an offer of £190 :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pricey Cubes!

Unread post by Macca »

well, if you don't ask you don't get ;)

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Well, no response from Audio Gold. Anyway, I don't care!

To a degree my e-mail did involve a tad criticism on their price. Of course, they don't give a shit and will continue to sell them!!

Audio Gold, if you are lurking here and reading this with anger. Read my blinking signature!!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

southall-1998 wrote:Well, no response from Audio Gold. Anyway, I don't care!

To a degree my e-mail did involve a tad criticism on their price. Of course, they don't give a shit and will continue to sell them!!

Audio Gold, if you are lurking here and reading this with anger. Read my blinking signature!!

S.
They will continue to offer them for sale, they'll only sell 'em when they get someone to buy 'em.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

The thing is the dealer bastards - wont let em go if they think someone might buy em for £0000 (a ten pound profit 20 years down the fukin line).....
Scum of the earth.... :twisted:

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

I bet £190 us more than they paid for them. I bought a Cambridge amp from a dealer once, one of the old Stan Curtis jobs. It was new but an old model, this was about 5 years since they stopped making them. No manual and the box was battered to hell. And it was ex-dem - £300. They were £300 when they were a current model so no discount. I wanted to trade in my Denon PMA 250 which was the current model and £250 new. It was in mint condition (I look after my kit) box, manual, all the packaging. You could have sold it as new, no-one would have realised. They said okay but I couldn't get my money till they sold it and they would take 20%. It took about three months, in the end I went up there. 'Oh yeah we sold it here's seventy quid.' WTF? From the prices they were asking for the other second hand kit for I bet they got a ton-fifty for it easy. Same dealer would not let take anything home on trial even after you had shopped there years and even if you deposited the full asking price. They're no longer in business.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Ten year old speakers, for example, which were £600 new. Used to be that the trade-in price was £150 and to resell inc VAT and a warranty for £300.

Industry's collapsed since then, so I suppose anything goes. Audio Goldl have never been cheap as I remember...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Audio Gold prices are outrageous but being in London means they can get away with it. Nearly £200 for an SP25 IV. I paid £20 for a III new back in the mists of time which included dealer fitting into a plinth and Sonotone cartridge. If people knew the original selling price of some of this vintage kit they wouldn't touch it at those prices.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Notwithstanding all the bile.....

How do these old Cube3's compare to the newer Cube2?

Answers on a postcard....
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They don't!