TIS Interconnects

All things NVA
zebbo
Great Britain

TIS Interconnects

Unread post by zebbo »

I'm very tempted to go for a 500mm set of the TIS interconnects. I would need to chop-in the SSP's I bought a few months back but I can't bring up the details in my e-bay account. I can see the purchase in my feedback list but there are no details. Does anyone know how, (or if you can), get the details for past purchases? Cheers.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: TIS Interconnects

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ebay drop history quite quickly Paypal hang on to it for years, find it on Paypal.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Remember upgrades are for same size.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ah, good thinking Doc! I found them and they were 600mm SSPs purchased last November for £130. Hmm that'll leave a fair bit to make up. A 600mm set of TIS is £360 yes?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes, I have put it up at ebay.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well done Zebbo - look forward to yer TIS findings........ :clap:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Don't expect bells and whistles. This stuff is infuriatingly subtle and becomes essential the more you listen!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

jammy395 wrote:Well done Zebbo - look forward to yer TIS findings........ :clap:
Whoa there boy! I haven't bought anything yet.
..........and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to afford to, (yet). Thinking about it, as my only "real" source is my TT, I would surely have to change both sets of interconnects, TT to Phono2 and Phono2 to Pre, to realise any improvement? Changing just one pair wouldn't do anything, surely, as the performance can only be as good as the lesser cable? As I would need one pair at 600mm (£360) and one pair at 1000mm, (£560), I make that £920 and I just haven't got that sort of dosh at the moment. Looks like I may have been a bit premature. :(

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Any change of *any* interconnect changes the sound. It is like saying why change the amp when I am not changing the speakers.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

You can hear a subtle but useful difference with the T.I.S. feeding SC. Switching the SC to SSC or the Klotz 5000 so beloved on AOS at present, the difference further back in the chain is far more I think. Maybe the best compromise for now is to use a T.I.S. from source to pre (if you use one input mainly as I believe you do) and the new SSP from pre to powers. The SSC is rather more expansive sounding and generally 'better' than the SC on its own, so the SSP2 may well offer a smaller but beneficial improvement.

By the way and forgive me - if the Oppo is only used for background music, there's something not right somewhere on that side - in my opinion :)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...