Purchase of NVA Products

All things NVA
omdurman44
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Purchase of NVA Products

Unread post by omdurman44 »

Hi, I am new to the site and certainly new to NVA products..I have read much about them and their designer...I am impressed not only about the man but also the style of the products.
Let me make this very clear from the outset...I have no technical knowledge whatsoever..I am an avid music fan only...I have been down the pre and mono/stereo power amp route since the start for me in 1994..I would very much like to continue with this approach.
It is my intention at this stage to go down the 90 plus (£640) pre amp and 2 x 80 mono's initially...This may well be increased to 4 x 80's in the future..My speakers are Acoustic Energy radiance 3 floorstanders..As yet unused..
I would dearly love to hear any comments and advice on this proposed system...I also like to keep cd duties in house...So any advice or comments on the 2 cd players available from NVA...Obviously at this stage the 50 appeals the most as in theory it should be better...Can you give me an equivalent price range these fall into with other manufacturers...Or would we go outside NVA for this..Again advice would be appreciated..
Headphone amp speaks for itself and will be my first purchase..
So we come on to interconnects and speaker wires....Price is an issue hear...The wife has given me pretty much a free rein on my hi fi but I cannont justify the higher end interconnects...Views on the pipe mark 2's please....I note the conditions of warranty re using other manufactures products....Speaker wire I will go for the 6's...Again comments welcomed...Question..I have bi-wireable speakers and I don't intend to use 2 separate runs...Do NVA do their own "jumper cables"?..
I realise all this will sound basic to you guys..But I would dearly love to hear your advice and comments..
Thank you all.
Steve

Daniel Quinn

Re: Purchase of NVA Products

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Sounds like a good plan.

2 things.

Nva do bi wire there cables by splitting the cable from 2 to 4 connections at the speaker end. A small additional charge is all you pay.

Nva have not made cd players for decades and I personally have only seen 2 for sale on ebay in 6 years.
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

omdurman44

Thank you..I was looking on their site re cd players...Must be old stuff..Thank you for the advice re speaker wires......So cd player is pretty much trial and error...Don't suppose you can go far wrong with the Roksan Caspian....

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I am a digital numpty On this site you will be largely recommended older Sony or japenese high end of the 80s and 9os With separate digital and analogue power supplies. Such as Sony es models

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

omdurman44, I think you have wacthed old web site. Current one is http://www.nvahifi.co.uk/
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

I can confirm the Roksan Caspian works perfectly via NVA as a friend has that in their system
Beresford Caiman Ipod

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

You say you've been on the pre-power route for a bit, what kit do you currently have?
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Last CD player I made was 20 years ago.

BMU
LS5 (gives you an upgrade to LS6 or TSCS)
SSC (gives you and upgrade to SSP or TIS)
A70s or A80s
P50sa or P90sa
Cube1 when you want the whole deal.

omdurman44

Hi and thanks to you all....Current system is the Audiolab 8000 series...8000Q and 4 mono blocks...8000 cd player with separate DAC...
I like it loads but not getting any younger..A bit like myself...I see that Sony is well thought of as a cd player to match NVA products..To be honest I have little knowledge of them as a cd player....I have heard the new Yamaha AS 2100 which I like very much..Link? well it is Japanese...I will get on to the new website...
Once again thank you..