PFM

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Alfi
Wales

Re: PFM

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Andy-831 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

I know little of the politics of the past and care even less about it. I am a member here AOS and PFM, I know Tony, Marco has visited my home and I HAVE chatted with the Doc a couple of times on the phone and quite frankly face to face or on the phone I do not recognise any of the protagonists from their internet persona's
Fair enough – to you personally, but the past does matter to the Doc and I as what happened affected business & we have been abused and then censored.

Andy-831 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

I am a member here AOS and PFM, I know Tony, Marco has visited my home and I HAVE chatted with the Doc a couple of times on the phone and quite frankly face to face or on the phone I do not recognise any of the protagonists from their internet persona's
I can accept that, people generally behave quite differently eg more courteous face to face, or in conversation over the telephone.

Alfi.
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone, etc. Pioneer PL71, Denon DL103, NVA Phono 2 MC (two power supplies), NVA P50, NVA A20 power amp, home made birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA SSP, SSC, LS6.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm

You are still digging that hole Richard. It doesn’t matter if he is gay or not, its still none of your business, and you are still it seems, behaving in a way that presents you as being homophobic.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:41 pm
"would you suggest 'reclaiming' the word 'gay'?"

I wish we could.
The residents of Lesbos tried to reclaim the word lesbian and failed, unfortunately.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Lurcher300b wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm
You are still digging that hole Richard. It doesn’t matter if he is gay or not, its still none of your business, and you are still it seems, behaving in a way that presents you as being homophobic.
And your purpose is ?

I will never stop digging in anything in my life, never have and never will. The final digging maybe a hole in the ground to put me in, but probably just wasting energy burning me. I would much prefer to be fox food.

So this is your third time telling me this, we operate a rule here about repeating continuously the same thing. If answering a question fine but to just repeat the same thing is both boring and forum space wasting. Once more and it will be removed and a strike applied.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Any new information or opinion, or do you just want to repeat and repeat, same applies to you DQ, broaden your argument, make a new point, your brain is well capable of it.

I have plenty still to discuss about it as it goes way beyond this homo stupidity, that is just a red herring or excuse for his actions. OK I gave him the excuse PLEASE don't repeat that. BUT he gave me the excuse to use it by accusing me of making a glove puppet on PFM and then not backing down when giving him the persons phone number to see he was real. BUT NO he wanted to have the excuse to abuse me, so I abused him back so TOO FECKIN' BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't throw shit at me and I wont throw it back.

Lotus Seven S
Denmark

Unread post by Lotus Seven S » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Let me come with a couple of Game Theoretic Points.

i) There is no clear winner of a war. Both sides endure damage and casualties beyond any possible benefits

ii) At no point is there any incentive to go for peace until the cost has become too high

iii) There is no argument which will appear convincing to the other side

iv) The framework of "war" leads inevitably to justifiable atrocities on both sides

V) These atrocities cast a very long shadow into the future

So what to do?

Well, let's just expunge the word "war" from our vocabularies and perhaps some alternatives will pop up. One alternative that comes to mind is the Uber tactic of "Greyballing" - the addition of semantic noise into all communication - and then just forgetting about it all.

At the moment the good Doc is using a strategy that has been given the name Madman - in a game of chicken (teenagers racing cars at each other hoping that the other will swerve first) the Madman removes the steering wheel throws it out of the window and guns the motor. Foes say he is mad, and friends shout "be reasonable". But reputations are at stake and future winning strategies in future games of chicken.

The only way to win such games is not to play.
I am not a number. I am a free man

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:50 pm
And your purpose is ?
What it always is, to try and enable the maximum number of people to have as good a time as possible. But I will take the hint and leave you to it on this one.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Ta!

If you have any new ideas you are more than welcome to give them.

David Brook
Austria

Unread post by David Brook » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 pm
Ta!

If you have any new ideas you are more than welcome to give them.
Ignore everything said/written about you (as I do), enjoy the rest of your life (none of us are getting any younger), spend less time typing and more time doing something meaningful.

Expand your horizons, do something new its a new year (I started staying in bed for an extra 30 mins this week LOL)

I cannot think for a second you actually enjoy this forum bullshit? I have more new ideas to suggest (you did ask, not me but generally I assume?)

You make and sell exceptionally good audio products RD, who cares or gives a flying f...k about the doubters, haters, idiots, enemies, anti Dunn, anti NVA brigade, make your stuff and rise above it all.
Big Vern Prototype Turntable| NWA DH3 Cart | CAD DAC | Fidata Music Server | Soulution 5 Series Pre Amp | Soulution 7 Series Power Amp | Maxonic Speakers | A Chair

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 pm

Agree with David, by all means highlight some of the crap spouted by forums/manufacturers/vested interests (I have an LP12, but some of the stuff written on the Linn forum regarding the deck is almost like a religious cult!).

I don't see the need to make it personal, rise above it. Life really is too short.
LP12,Ittok,DV10X5,Phono2(twin supply),P50/A40's,LS5,SSC,Rega Ela mk1.
Sony cdp xb930,Alessandro ms1