PFM

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

PFM

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 am

I have spent some time this morning trying to read some threads at PFM and it is really depressing. Each time just giving up when the usual objectivist idiots turn up with their "prove it", "show me the specs", "you are just delusional" etc etc. It has now taken over the forum and there is no more sensible discussion of product in the Audio Room. Rob Holt has wanted to hi-jack the forum for a while, probably as his other hi-jacked forum Zerogain has about gone down the pan, and with the appearance of Serge has found the means to do it.

I have watched this circular argument for over 30 years and apart from just trying to create some balance there is, and will be, no meeting of minds and in the end it will kill a forum with the continual conflict.

I have a very simple POV, as a user you have to be a subjectivist otherwise the whole thing is pointless, as listening to music *is the point*. As a designer, manufacturer and repairer I have to be an objectivist, but knowing that subjective assessment is the *only* criteria for good product.

So if I talk about design and repairs etc I am objective, but how many people here design and make product!! If I talk about my system and other products and how they perform I am subjective. I started this forum and nailed the subjective flag to the mast at the entrance as I fully realised all this argument can do is kill the pleasure of the hobby.

Sovereign

Re: PFM

Unread post by Sovereign » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 am

I totally agree on many points.
I'll make the odd post on PFM but they are pretty few these days, even the topics I find quite boring

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:00 am

I very occasionally post on PFM, but I have the sad feeling that it's a waste of time and that no-one really listens to anyone else.
And I agree with Sovereign; the subjects covered are usually of little interest anyway.

Serge is amazing - his energy and zeal in continuously repeating the same old spiel has to be applauded for its astonishing tenacity. :lol:
Serge is actually a really nice guy who undoubtedly loves his music. But his systems (well, OK, I've only heard two very different ones at successive Scalford Shows) are boringly tedious and show little in the way of dynamic expression.
So, sadly, his obession with objectivity does little to honour the music, imho.

I assume that this forum's "No ad-hominem" rule doesn't apply when we are discussing other forums! :mrgreen:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, Restek Challenger power amp section. Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core DSP / pre /DAC, Pioneer DV-737 (CDT), Laptop (TIDAL hirez), Technics SL-150ii AT-1010 arm / VdH-Asak, Jasmine LP2.0ii 'stage, Lentek MC stepup. Wires - Epiphany Acoustics Atratus 3, Virtue Audio Nirvana, Nordost Magus.
Mains regen: AG1500

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 am

jandl100 wrote: I assume that this forum's "No ad-hominem" rule doesn't apply when we are discussing other forums! :mrgreen:
No Ad hominem means not discussing / addressing the poster of a post, but only discussing the subject matter they have posted. If however the subject matter is the person who is posting then that is fine. Serge is not a member here so not posting in this thread and you are not referring to one of his post, and nor is PFM if it was an entity, so fire away.

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:... so fire away.
I think I did! :lol:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, Restek Challenger power amp section. Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core DSP / pre /DAC, Pioneer DV-737 (CDT), Laptop (TIDAL hirez), Technics SL-150ii AT-1010 arm / VdH-Asak, Jasmine LP2.0ii 'stage, Lentek MC stepup. Wires - Epiphany Acoustics Atratus 3, Virtue Audio Nirvana, Nordost Magus.
Mains regen: AG1500

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=122782

Up until 5 minutes ago there were a couple of posts linking to this forum and my thread saying why the NVA shop at ebay is closed. Those posts have been pulled by TonyL, what is this FFFF'ing idiot scared of :confusion-confused:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 am

And now the thread has been closed, and I am sure within a few days will be deleted so Google can't bot it. The mincing pink fish strikes again :romance-lovegoddess:

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 pm

To be fair, he as reinstated or allowed one post to be added, which does refer to being able to purchase here.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:To be fair, he as reinstated or allowed one post to be added, which does refer to being able to purchase here.
Since when is this "my website". It is simply pure hi-fi forum censorship, he cannot bare to think this forum exists and we *dare* to discuss him and his forum. You see *all* the other main forums have a clause in their AUP stating that other forums are not to be discussed (it seem AOS now selectively don't abide by that), it is a self protecting cartel!!

We are different, we *welcome* comments about other forums and their members and that is what winds them up, this is what this room is for, so that a light can be put on their dirty little corners that they want to avoid. For example that Pink Fish (its all in the name) is a scam, purely designed to provide potential customers for the owners record shop, and is moderated accordingly to keep the biggest member (potential customer) base. Nothing wrong with that if he didn't hide the fact, which he does. Then he has the cheek to call this forum my NVA blog and uses that as an excuse to ban all mention of it, if there is a NVA blog in here then it stays in the NVA room.

We will continue to comment on and show what goes on on other forums, that is now and always will be the purpose of this room. Hopefully that will include praise where praise is due.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Calm down doc :D

not sure what you read in to my post but clearly i should have said - he as reinstated a post which refers to the fact that you can purchase NVA gear on one particular section of the hifi subjectivist forum and whilst it may be the best , the hifi subjectivist is catergorically not a nva forum. :D

apologies for my tardy use of language ;) and anyway its worthwhile you repeating the above .
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS