PFM

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Re: PFM

Unread post by Geoff.R.G » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:06 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:55 pm
Sure...but we live in 2018
Doesn't mean we have to debase the language does it?
Every reader of this forum is a homo(sapien).

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Alfi wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:02 pm

it's how he's handled the wind up and his dislike of NVA that is his downfall. It's the equipments performance that speak volumes on the Doc's abilities as an audio electronics Engineer. Tony L also clearly demonstrates double standards Andy, is quite bitchy and unable to take criticism.

Alfi .
I know little of the politics of the past and care even less about it, I am a member here AOS and PFM, I know Tony, Marco has visited my home and I HAVE chatted with the Doc a couple of times on the phone and quite frankly face to face or on the phone I do not recognise any of the protagonists from their internet persona's
Analogue
301 / 3012 / 2m black
401 / PU7 / AT33ev / Highphonics SUT
Phono 2 + extra PSU
Digital
Vortexbox, SBT / Teac Dac
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Glasshouse TVC, P50 Sa or Quad 34/44
Quad 303; 606 or Bel Canto Set 40 or NG 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Q Acoustic 3020.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Alfi wrote:
It bothers me little whether he is gay or not...
It should not bother you (or anyone else) at all.
Alfi wrote:
I tend to agree with you (from what I know of the man) he isn't gay but it's how he's handled the wind up and his dislike of NVA that is his downfall. It's the equipments performance that speak volumes on the Doc's abilities as an audio electronics Engineer. Tony L also clearly demonstrates double standards Andy, is quite bitchy and unable to take criticism.
Valid criticisms of TonyL (or not), most people won't be interested once they are told that Doc has wound TonyL up about his sexuality. Nowadays, that is a 'red line' for most people.

TonyL is either genuinely annoyed or is using it as a weapon to discredit Doc, or both. All of which is reasonable, given they are 'at war'.
"Supercalifragilisticborussiamönchengladbach"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 pm

1/ Pink Fish Media was originally a California based gay media site Tony was a member of, when it closed Tony continued it here. PFM was even hosted by their host company in the USA. It seems the pink fish was a toy they had in California and used as a gay icon / symbol.

2/ I don't remember Robert Holt saying Tony was gay in so many words in our conversation outside of the London Bake Off Show in 2010 http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/05 ... ion-three/ but I do remember coming away from the conversation with an understanding that both Tony and most of the mods were gay and that he only tries to promote gays as mods. I do not remember the exact wording now, but it left me pretty sure.

Rob was trying to convince me to back down and toe the line as he said Tony wanted to support me but too many of the interests at PFM, mostly Linn and Naim as that was the history of the forum were attacking me. I was told if it was a choice between the forum being disrupted or me being there no matter who was at fault then I wont be there, as it was Tony's business. I replied that you will NEVER stop me telling the truth, the subject changed to Rob being gay (he is out by the way) and me teasing him over his support for Simon (which he laughed about), and it was at that point that the two parts of the conversation were combined.

Tony is not married and lives alone and has never referred to any female friends or relationship, so at the very least he is asexual, but has a rather peculiar relationship with the Lord (something) (forum name) who lives up the road from him, who also mods on PFM and Zerogain in the past, may even have owned Zerogain at some point - that whole relationship and who owned Zerogain and who was behind killing it and for what reason is all a bit dubious.

Anyway that is it for those who can't be bothered to go look for the original post.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Geoff.R.G wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:06 pm
savvypaul wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:55 pm
Sure...but we live in 2018
Doesn't mean we have to debase the language does it?
Every reader of this forum is a homo(sapien).
Words gain new meanings...that's not debasing, merely progressing.

If we want to be correctly interpreted it's advisable that we move with the times.

Are you feeling 'happy' or 'gay' today? Pre 1960s they would have been interpreted as the same thing...would you suggest 'reclaiming' the word 'gay'?
"Supercalifragilisticborussiamönchengladbach"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:41 pm

"would you suggest 'reclaiming' the word 'gay'?"

I wish we could.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 pm
Lord (something) (forum name) who lives up the road from him, who also mods on PFM and Zerogain in the past
Lordsummit, also not gay, actually married with children, and again in my opinion a good lad
Analogue
301 / 3012 / 2m black
401 / PU7 / AT33ev / Highphonics SUT
Phono 2 + extra PSU
Digital
Vortexbox, SBT / Teac Dac
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Glasshouse TVC, P50 Sa or Quad 34/44
Quad 303; 606 or Bel Canto Set 40 or NG 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Q Acoustic 3020.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm

So who owned Zerogain.

It looks like you are the one guy who can put some sense into all this if you know the history. Do you know about the original Pink Fish USA site (not hi-fi). How are you so sure about Tony, have you ever seen him have a female relationship.

If it ends up I have been completely wrong and it is proved to my satisfaction I will apologise, but so far including the conversation with Rob Holt I am still thinking the man is in the closet.

Also why has it become so important to him, he could have just brushed it off and I would have forgotten it as a wind up that didn't work. There was at least a year between my conversation with Rob and my post about it here, so it wasn't important to me. I just remember a particular bit of hate libel from him at PFM about me being accused of joining under another name and posting, so this was used as payback.

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm

If it ends up I have been completely wrong and it is proved to my satisfaction I will apologise, but so far including the conversation with Rob Holt I am still thinking the man is in the closet.
What would constitute the proof that would satisfy you Doc? I'm guessing it would be a covert video of him shagging a woman, but even then you'd probably suggest that if he went that far to prove he wasn't gay then he must be. :lol:

Incidentally, please hurry up and get better D.Q. You seem to be talking far too much sense and I'm having to actually agree with things you say. :o
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:56 pm

You are just being silly. Why do you think it is important, why do you have to join in with sarcasm.

In any mental decision there is a tipping point, it is daft to ask me where that is, and anyway why is it so important, it isn't to me, it will just happen or wont happen.