AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Classicrock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 am

All this proves that either these posters are quickly brainwashed or they are someone known to have an agenda posting under another name. Maybe these threads are planted by Marco. Lost the legal battle on NVA dissing so move onto Tresham. What manufacturer anyway is going to offer support and advice for 35 year old product apart from Quad? Add to that the brand is dead and had changed ownership. This idiot should contact Tannoy and see what response he gets! Tannoy has changed ownership at least twice as far as I know since the Tresham debacle and doubt anyone there would remember.

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm

At least DSJR has posted now and informed them all documentation was handed over in the sale to Tannoy. They will only believe what they want though, and if this is a wind up (I think you're correct Doc) they will continue posting bulls--t.
My set-up: PT Too,Rega 250 AO mods, Lyra Helikon, NVA Phono 2 + Extra PS, Project CD Transport/Project LPSU, Calyx 192 dac, NVA P50, NVA A60, Cube 3's. Headphones Senn HD700s and NVA AP10H. SSP/SC interconnect and NVA LS5 speaker cable.

Caps Lock

Unread post by Caps Lock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

"I have now been called a TWAT"
The last time that word was used quite a few members registered their disapproval and it was removed. I believe it was the start of the end of Arkless.

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm

What thread was that on Caps Lock, just looked and can find no reference to anyone being called a twat, and of course got to say this does the cap fit. :lol:
My set-up: PT Too,Rega 250 AO mods, Lyra Helikon, NVA Phono 2 + Extra PS, Project CD Transport/Project LPSU, Calyx 192 dac, NVA P50, NVA A60, Cube 3's. Headphones Senn HD700s and NVA AP10H. SSP/SC interconnect and NVA LS5 speaker cable.

Caps Lock

Unread post by Caps Lock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm

The Tresham one Docs refering to, unless it's been removed.

Caps Lock

Unread post by Caps Lock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Post 12

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

A Warning. It appears that Marco is disabling accounts in terms of ability to post where people sign on and don't post for some time. I know because a couple show he is last person to view.

Re The Technics 1200g thread. They are now ganging up to diss this product and Technics because Allthingsanalogue can hear a noise with his ear against the spindle which cannot be heard otherwise. Also default recommendation for Isonoe rip off feet and inability to realise this deck is totally different to the old MKII. I'm sure Technics QC is way above Linn. Quite a few have purchased this TT on other forums with no issues.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 pm

More crap - "Spot on, yes Tannoy's bought the brains as well as the documentation et al." so who was this, not the original designer, nor the person who took over from him. The production manager went to Tannoy, he had nothing to do with any design work he just knew how to build them, that is what a production manager is for. As for his brains, well he became a Mormon, says it all doesn't it. I can only presume if this is not all a made up wind up he has found that ex production manager who is telling him lies.

The man also needs to learn before spouting, once again we have someone who doesn't understand or know about classII double insulated products, even though now (but not in hi-fi) they are predominant. I would love to be told how you earth an acrylic case and why you would need it.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 pm
The man also needs to learn before spouting, once again we have someone who doesn't understand or know about classII double insulated products, even though now (but not in hi-fi) they are predominant. I would love to be told how you earth an acrylic case and why you would need it.
Earthing an acrylic case is easy, you use conducting rubber feet to dissipate the static charge you build up when polishing the case :-?
Of course why you would polish the case is another question entirely.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 pm

I remember the name of the production manager who went to Tannoy, it just dropped into my head as things do if you leave it long enough = Mark Westley.