AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: AoS

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am
I was going to list more Marco smut, but there is so much of it.
Imagine playing scrabble with him. :angry-screaming:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Imagine even being in the same room as him, he might touch you, can you imagine what is on his hands :shock: :snooty:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Bignan80 is building his own balanced mains unit. Obviously he isn't allowed to buy NVA by Marco?

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthre ... xt-project

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm

It looks like it will cost him £100 so cheap. He is falling for all the bad advice to go with it though.

David Brook
Austria

Unread post by David Brook » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I often wonder why anyone who is not a qualified electrician (maybe he is) attempts to build anything that would invalidate your house insurance if there was an explosion or other mis-hap?

Its like putting in your own dedicated spur for the hifi then instead of terminating it to the wall socket as per the regs you attach a mains block direct as some idiot once told me he had done.
Garrard 401 Slate Plinth | SME 12" Arm | NWA DH3 Cart | MFA Ref Phono Amp | MF Pre Amp | Soulution 7 Power Amp | Maxonic Speakers | A Chair

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Much confusion over terms. A spur is a line taken off a ring terminating in a socket. Now as far as the regs are concerned a mains block taken from a socket is a spur. So we all use them so we all use spurs. So a waste of time if that is what he did.

If you do it properly it has to come off the CU and is a radial circuit not a spur. It just has no return path to the CU so is not a ring.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Breaking News...

Shocking Events Lead To Forum Owner Being Banned From His Own Forum!

HFS has learnt of a banning that will shake the Hifi Forum world to it's silver plated graphene-core. At 'The Art Of Smut' forum, Marco Pieroni (AOS owner and ex-guitarist with 1980s theatre punks Adam & The Skiddy Pants) has been bound and gagged, but not for the usual reasons.

Following his instigation of unprovoked attacks on anyone whose name includes the letters NVA, RD or HFS, Marco was dragged from the keyboard of his 1979 Commodore 64, kicking and screaming over and over at the top of his voice "HE'S NOT THE FIRESTARTER, I'M THE FIRESTARTER, THE TWISTED FIRESTARTER".

He has subsequently been publicly banned from posting on his own forum about any subject containing acronyms, and denied the right to speak to anyone about hifi ever again (this 2nd part of the ban has not been announced but has been clear to many for some time).

In a desperate attempt to break free, Marco then began posting at the previously stagnant 'AudioFart' forum. However, once he began attacking a man known there to members as 'The Messiah' he was swiftly and efficiently excommunicated by 'The Pope'.

Marco is currently held being held in a vegan restaurant, with an NVA A30 inserted into his anal passage, somewhere in the Potteries. He is guarded by CBeebies favourite, and honorary AOS Chancellor, Makka Pakka.

The legion of fans that have followed his series of articles 'How To Mod A Turd' have just been informed of the shocking news - all three of them are said to be "semi-deflated (nudge nudge, wink wink)"'.

After so many years, selflessly dedicated to the success of AOS (Marco even spent the whole of the 2010 / 2011 Winter searching the forests of Northumbria for trolls with electrical engineering experience), is it finally 'game over' for SuperMarco?

We asked an AOS moderator to comment. He stated "I'm Grant. Would you like to meet up?"

Updates will follow...
"Supercalifragilisticborussiamönchengladbach"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 pm

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthre ... w-Head-Amp

Note the copy SC (soundcord) cables, yet another one :whistle: :naughty:

But looking at the weave on screen he bought the cheap Chinese version of RG316.

Bigman80
Great Britain

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:37 am

David Brook wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm
I often wonder why anyone who is not a qualified electrician (maybe he is) attempts to build anything that would invalidate your house insurance if there was an explosion or other mis-hap?

Its like putting in your own dedicated spur for the hifi then instead of terminating it to the wall socket as per the regs you attach a mains block direct as some idiot once told me he had done.
I am a qualified electrician BUT my regs is out of date (16th ed)

It will be PAT tested By a current sparky friend of mine before being installed with a certificate (just a sticker really) and therefore not in danger of invalidating my house insurance or endangering the safety of those who live in my house. Did double check with AXA too. They are happy with the PAT test cert.

It's all about the learning Dave.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:53 am

A priori approval by axa is bollocks.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS