WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
slinger
Great Britain

Re: WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE

Unread post by slinger » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:54 pm

I use Twitter quite a lot, for footy purposes mainly, and I'm convinced that I'm part of the smallest minority of people on there who actually abhor so-called reality TV and bloody soap operas. Fortunately my wife shares my views. We've even given up on some supposed drama series' because they turned into what we considered to be "soaps." It does make me chuckle a bit though when some hard-nosed soccer fan starts Tweeting about a bunch of complete twats on an Love Island or Big Bollocks Brother.
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:03 am

karatestu wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:19 pm
That's wives for you.

Who needs google when the wife knows everything.
She knows a lot more than that.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:13 am

slinger wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:54 pm
I use Twitter quite a lot, for footy purposes mainly, and I'm convinced that I'm part of the smallest minority of people on there who actually abhor so-called reality TV and bloody soap operas. Fortunately my wife shares my views. We've even given up on some supposed drama series' because they turned into what we considered to be "soaps." It does make me chuckle a bit though when some hard-nosed soccer fan starts Tweeting about a bunch of complete twats on an Love Island or Big Bollocks Brother.

I started watching something a while ago, the much heralded and over hyped (well, it was on Sky after all) Riviera series. Now I've seen some crap in my time but this series takes the biscuit. Absolute garbage, with godawful dialogue, and no cliche knowingly unused. I was on some social media site where they were discussing this and got into a small spat with some one who was praising this series for being "so realistic and gritty". He took umbrage when I said I thought that Game of Thrones was more realistic and lifelike. You will be able to get the box set soon, talking of which..

https://youtu.be/rDcC-wdutqA

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 pm

England vs South Africa. The most ridiculous test series ever. Whoever wins the toss wins the match by a country mile. :sad-bored:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:02 am

Lindsayt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 pm
England vs South Africa. The most ridiculous test series ever. Whoever wins the toss wins the match by a country mile. :sad-bored:
Yet the pitch and weather conditions have not been dominant factors. Seems more like a mindset issue. If you are batting second then you need to go long and deep to establish a three figure lead after the first innings. Neither side seems to be able to summon the application required.
"Supercalifragilisticborussiamönchengladbach"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 pm

England 20 v 3 France. Brilliant performance from our Red Roses tonight. NZ on Saturday in the World Cup Final now.

Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:15 am

Read in The Sun :oops: in the Judge Rinder column about google translate and the possibility of saving courts thousands if an interpreter fails to show.
On one occasion a German interpreter failed to show and the magistrate asked for help from the public gallery. After some nudging from the Judge, a man from the public turned to the defendant and said in full 'Allo Allo' style, "Vot iz your name and Ver do you cum from". He was charged with contempt of court and spent a night in the cells.