How many hi-fi forums have you been banned from?

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Re: How many hi-fi forums have you been banned from?

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:48 pm

That will be why you have got the french class d jewelry amp of course :lol:

DSJR - andrew didnt post for nearly a year , came back for a short while and went . I would not take it personally or place responsibility on your shoulders .
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Well some clueless people want people to think they know what they are talking about i.e. inflating their egos. That is the problem, well especially it was the problem originally with Muccus but he is much better now than at the time I was booted, though the old "know it all" idiot still comes out occasionally. So now my primary piss take is to get him admit it and redress all the problems he caused.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:That will be why you have got the french class d jewelry amp of course :lol:

DSJR - andrew didnt post for nearly a year , came back for a short while and went . I would not take it personally or place responsibility on your shoulders .
I enjoy his company, he shouldn't be so sensitive. The way to thrive here is to actually enjoy taking the piss out of idiots.

Note IMO idiots are not people who know little, but the people who know little and behave like they know a lot.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:02 pm

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:You lot tell me I'm too objectivist and absolute, yet would you believe that on the AVI forum, I've been threatened with bans because I'm too subjective and challenge their rigid marketing beliefs in the overwhelming superiority of active speaker systems and also have had a sarcastic response from the main man on the HUG because I said I thought the Devialet sounded like an Albarry (therefore suggesting that these two makes sound different or better than other amps). I give up, I really do...
The AVI forum competes with the Naim forum for the title of "Manufacturer's marketing tool. No dissent allowed."
The AVI forum exists only to advertise AVI.

Of all the people I've come across on hi-fi forums, it's the AVI gang that I'd rate as the most idiotically ignorant, whilst pretending to know it all, combined with a large amount of rudeness.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:04 pm

It is the IvorT school of marketing, and look how many sheep that created :roll:

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Oh yes it's 100% IvorT marketing:
1. Speak about every feature of the product, good, bad or indifferent as if it is the best way of doing things.
2. Use siege mentality.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:24 pm

The way to thrive here is to actually enjoy taking the piss out of idiots. (Doc)
:lol: :clap: :lol:

:angry-soapbox: Yes, Alas idiots are in bountiful supply and by their very nature should have the piss ripped right out of them the moment one is spotted.
Contary to some beliefs "idiot bashing" is not a cruel act, this is indeed a compassionate act, and imho should be enjoyed and relished like any good sport.
Idocy is a scurge upon these modern times and to suffer the rambling's of these Galoot's is a crime against humanity.
I, like most real men, (Im sure you agree) would rather have my "Cock cut off with a rusty razor" than lounge about in a room full of fukin Bampot's. :snooty:

Rant over.
Beware the Nutter's....!!!.jpg
Beware the Nutter's....!!!.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 994 times

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:14 am

jammy395 wrote:I, like most real men, (Im sure you agree) would rather have my "Cock cut off with a rusty razor" than lounge about in a room full of fukin Bampot's. :snooty:
Err, really? -- count me out on that one. :lol:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, Restek Challenger power amp section. Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core DSP / pre /DAC, Pioneer DV-737 (CDT), Laptop (TIDAL hirez), Technics SL-150ii AT-1010 arm / VdH-Asak, Jasmine LP2.0ii 'stage, Lentek MC stepup. Wires - Epiphany Acoustics Atratus 3, Virtue Audio Nirvana, Nordost Magus.
Mains regen: AG1500

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:31 pm

jandl100 wrote:
jammy395 wrote:I, like most real men, (Im sure you agree) would rather have my "Cock cut off with a rusty razor" than lounge about in a room full of fukin Bampot's. :snooty:
Err, really? -- count me out on that one. :lol:
Jerry ya Pussy :animals-cat: Its only a small sacrifice to make........ :think: :lol:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 am

Any more bans to add to this thread ? Jammy can add a few more i am sure.

I have yet to be banned from a forum. Must try harder to fit in around here.
I love fluffy bunnies