Audioflat Celebrations...!!!

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Re: Audioflat Celebrations...!!!

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:33 pm

It probably is a generational thing. I used to live in city centre Manchester and relaxed public displays of homosexuality was the norm . It rather pleased me as it is prima facia evidence of how socities can change and become less discriminatory.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

ArseHats

Unread post by ArseHats » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Of course not Art, I said it is probably my age and generation, but to see two men holding hands and kissing makes me feel sick and disgusts me. I can't help it, it happens, so it is my reality.
Absolutely right. It is right that you are at liberty to express your feelings appropriately. I suspect it is the perception that your feelings of disgust sometimes sound like moral judgement that cause offence to others (who are also at liberty to feel their own disgust when reading your opinions. That's fine, we can all cope with our feelings of disgust :-D ).
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:OK we get to the argument of nature or nurture. If it was nature it would not be growing phenominem, so it has to be nurture and societies greater acceptance.
Less than 50 years ago homosexuality was illegal. Perhaps it was the case that the effect of "nurture" was in fact to repress homosexuality though law and the making of homosexuality a taboo? Perhaps it takes time for this repressive effect of nuture to fade? Perhaps this process of fading repression that is still in progress?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: my only problem is it being imposed on me.
Imposed in what way?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The argument that is undeniable is that unless a man and women come together to exchange genetics there is no offspring, two men cannot do it, so it cannot be considered natural in natures or any other terms and if it became the norm then the human race would die out.
Perhaps "non-adaptive" would be a better phrase? "Unnatural" can be easily (mis?)interpreted as a moral judgement.
Also, "adaptive" and "natural" aren't always the best arbiters of behaviour. As a man I have the adpative / natural capactity for such unsavoury things as racist thoughts, as well as for behaviours such as rape and murder. Obviously these wouldn't be considered "desireable" simply because they are natural or adaptive. We also have natural and adaptive capacities for compassion, morality and humanity. These are part of many people's reality too.
You're right though, it is currently a mystery how humans have evolved a capacity for homosexuality, but that current mystery certainly doesn't make it de facto wrong.
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:30 pm

I should say I have no problem being in the company of homosexual men as individuals, though the overtly feminine ones both irritate and amuse me in equal portions. If a person is normal (that word again) with me I am normal with them and under that basis I can be (and have been and am) friends with them as long as the line is not crossed into sexual overtones.

My point is as my sexuality is *normal* so I don't need to even consider it in my social interaction, but I can imagine it being a minefield for homosexual men and very frustrating. Interestingly I think I am an aberration as well that is definitely due to nurture. I had three elder sisters and no brothers, I had an overly attentive mother and a distant and nasty and uncommunicative father who only expressed jealousy as I was young and had the things he wanted again, so very much lacked male models in my social growth. I have never had really close male friends and I find the competitive nature of much male bonhomie to be irritating. My best friends have always been women, including ex girlfriends as I am able to have non sexual or not even slightly bordering on it relationships with women. OK I find a lot of their interests outside of mine but a balance of views and in company fun develops. Nadia found it odd to begin with but she sees me as I am. AND Nadia is by far my best friend in this world and that includes our arguments, they are part of it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Page 1 photo may be scrambled......Heres another. :mrgreen: :guiness;

The most fuked up fuckers currently on hi fi forums - apart from the snakeoilaudio crew (But I wont stoop so low)... :lol: :lol:
sq12fu, FlatPope, YwaNker & Marcoo..jpg
sq12fu, FlatPope, YwaNker & Marcoo..jpg (77.85 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
:o

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:43 pm

That is a funny photo. :grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri May 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Have Flatty and Wanker finally fallen out, a slow motion accident :lol:

Do we care, should we care. It seems Wanker is taking over the forum.

DQ look at the post before last one above and have a good laugh.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 pm

YN wrote:My 'partner' (girlfriend/paramour), who loves music, thinks the whole hi-fi business is most bizare and that I'm very eccentric. Looking at my carefully organised pile of cables does make me wonder that she may well have a valid point.
Ref: http://www.audioflat.co.uk/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=7&t=671
He's got a girlfriend now. Good for him. Although I think it's off-topic to bring girlfriend / boyfriend / husband / wife into any hi-fi forum discussion.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 pm

There was me always thinking he was gay :whistle: or was that The Bitch, I get confused. Flatty has wife and kids so he probably isn't.

Perhaps I thought it because he acts the arse so much :grin:

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Fri May 19, 2017 11:53 pm

If it was nature it would not be growing phenominem
Just seen this, Evolution can be a lot more complex than natural selection through reproduction. A similar argument to yours can be made that grandmothers serve no purpose, so why has evolution lead to women becoming infertile after a certain age. But in this case it shows how natural selection can select for individuals that don’t play a direct part in reproduction being of benefit to the group as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandmother_hypothesis
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/na ... xplanation

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat May 20, 2017 12:57 am

Errm OK.

The only one I think is redundant is the mother in law - they should definitely be banned or locked up in chains somewhere and rendered harmless :mrgreen: