The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Precisely, Lynsey posts are a bit more than mere ephemera

It s a bit more than giving his fingers something to do
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:52 pm
I think they banned him, Lindsay is genuine, he doesn't have to agree with all we tend to do. He definitely would not fit in at AoS in terms of ethics, but Marco has said that (in email to me) he cannot understand why he is member here as he likes valves.
I've never joined AoS. Never wanted to. And if I did at this stage, I'd expect to get banned very quickly, as I've taken the piss out of Marco from time to time.

Really strange logic. That someone who enjoys using SET's shouldn't be a member here.
Like this is some sort of gang or tribe or clique or NVA Owners Club or something? :grin:

OK, HFS is a collection of people with at least a passing interest in Hi-fi, most of whom are NVA owners. But beyond that there's scope for the membership here having different tastes and opinions.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 pm

100% agree with Lindsay's post above. I too use big Tannoys and Valves, but that certainly did not stop me from appreciating the quality of the build and the sonic qualities of The Phono 1&2.

Do I intend to buy NVA pre and power amps, probably not, am I going to buy a Phono 2 you bet I am.

Can't quite see why any of that should stop me posting and enjoying the forum and meeting the lads who do use Docs gear for a chew of the fat at bake off's and the like.
Analogue
301 / 3012 / 2m black
401 / PU7 / AT33ev / Highphonics SUT
Phono 2 + extra PSU
Digital
Vortexbox, SBT / Teac Dac
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Glasshouse TVC, P50 Sa or Quad 34/44
Quad 303; 606 or Bel Canto Set 40 or NG 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Q Acoustic 3020.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:39 pm
Precisely, Lynsey posts are a bit more than mere ephemera

It s a bit more than giving his fingers something to do
Well I do spend a lot more time listening to music than watching TV...

...which does leave me with a fair amount of time where I can multi-task. Listen to music and type messages on Internet forums.

And it's up to you. You might think I'm here to expose "rip-offs, spamming and shilling". In which case I'd have to concede that I might not be the best person to be objective about my motivation in being an active member here.

The main reasons that I joined HFS as a very early member, all those years ago were because:
1 I respected the Doc's experience and knowledge on hi-fi
2 I was disgusted with the way that Flatpopely, YN and SQ agitated to get the Doc thrown off pfm
3 I felt some natural affinity with the Doc, because of pfm forum run-ins I'd had with those 3

I don't think I joined this forum because I wanted to expose unethical behaviour in the hi-fi world. It was more a case of "I'm not enjoying playing with the pfm gang. I'll go and play with the new HFS gang instead". (metaphorically speaking)

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm

I rest my case :grin:

IPNIGHTLY
Great Britain

Unread post by IPNIGHTLY » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 pm

I use valves, an ancient record spinner and speakers that are older than me. Do i fit in here ?

I do find talking about hifi rather dull. It is much more fun taking the piss out of sad losers who frequent pfm, aos and ww. Oh and getting banned from forums is a hoot too. Please dont ban me here i will have nowhere else to go apart from snakeoilaudio or the abattoir. God help me cos i would rather drink my own piss.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Alas the great membership scandal continues. You continue to fabricate members for all to see but nobody says anything except hs .

I estimate that 75 percent of your membership is false. Now if you were a genuine forum something would be said. However the fact your are a joke selling entity it is tolerated

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 pm

A new real review has appeared. Although not mentioned, a google search will reveal that the distributor is Elite Audio. The review is totally meaningless as there are no comparisons with competition at the price and below. The amplifier costs a grand. I wonder how much it cost to import it for China and how much all the slurpers are taking out of the £1,000 pot.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm

If they are selling it for £1000 then the China factory ex works price will be under £100.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm
If they are selling it for £1000 then the China factory ex works price will be under £100.
The real review cost more than twice that.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.