The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 pm

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1266 ... hifi-show/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some comments in the PFM thread, link in previous post (page 5).
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:49 pm

I am getting close to accepting that Wigwam as a company are what they are, they will swim or sink, nothing to do with me. They are a commercial blog and hi-fi show promoter, the forum as it was is dead. My beef is now really only with what is left of the forum, and of that only that knob head stained blanket and a couple of the old bullies who still work for him like Men in Black. I can't see that ever changing unless they change their attitude to us.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:24 am

My original beef with PFP is he was just pursuing a well trodden path that has had its day. The day of the hi-fi magazines dominated by ego inflated knobheads is dead it cannot be transferred on line - though both Answers and Pig are trying as well. On line makes it time for the new way - the users and enthusiasts. Old Wigwam almost got it right, it just had the wrong owner doing it who allowed the forum to be taken over by a clique, an in-crowd, who dominated and bullied. This killed the forum the same as it did with Zerogain the first to fall into this trap which went from largest forum to dead in a couple of years.

What PFP needed to do was think laterally - how do I make this place user based - user benefited - user attractive - new thinking. So what is the big industry problem, well it = overpriced and over slurped by too many hangers on. A forward looking business man should have looked at the strengths of what he had bought, instead of dragging it into the past by teaming up with the slurpers and the people causing the problem. He bought a DIRECT link to the end user, he had the opportunity to bypass and replace the slurpers, not join in with them. I tried to talk about this and make suggestions but was rejected out of hand and the relationship went down hill from there.

New Wigwam is now what it is, it has made its bed, though tinkering around the fringes pulling it away from the slurpers and more to the members may help, but it is probably too late. The forum as an asset has largely been killed, there is still the Bake-Off and Bake-Off show concepts though, weakened but still with great potential. The slurpers hate them, that should tell you everything about them. Yes Scalford needed *some* trade, Chester Group discovered that within a couple of years, but that trade needs to be selected carefully to fit into the concept, not create the absolutely daft situation of the worst and most blingy of the slurpers showing in the same hotel as some of the best of the enthusiasts, far too big a contrast and with no link between them - just pointing a finger at the problem. This for me was the Harrogate effort.

Anyway we will see how it develops.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:00 pm

A google search will reveal that as of last month Hifi Wigwam no longer exists. The name was changed to Hifi Global, a company acquired by PFP in October last year in the name of his partner. Hifi Global does not have much in the way of assets and appears to be a micky mouse outfit run by the industry slurpers.
And northwest of Pegasus

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm

So has he refinanced by getting in the slurpers as partners. If so this needs to be made generally known. Can we investigate.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Don’t tell blanket

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm
So has he refinanced by getting in the slurpers as partners. If so this needs to be made generally known. Can we investigate.
I think this is the case, but it will be difficult to establish. Wigwam is the shop window with the remains of a forum attached.
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:33 pm

The Harrogate official press report aroused my suspicions. No mention of Wam, just hifi Global with PFP CE.
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:52 pm

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04848384

if you scan down you get this.

Previous company names
Name Period
HIFIWIGWAM LTD 06 Jul 2011 - 06 Oct 2017
NORTH BUILDING SOLUTIONS LIMITED 28 Jul 2003 - 06 Jul 2011

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Registered office address:

11 The Shambles

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system