The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Ithilstone
Swaziland

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Ithilstone » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Jeeez it is not a joke - well it it kind of is;]
11 The Shambles, Wetherby, England, LS22 6NG
PC+Foobar2000;
DACs: Arcam Delta Black Box; Grace m9XX; NuForce Icon HDP;
AMPs: NVA AP10H + 2xBBPSU [one case prototype :mrgreen: ], NVA AP70 SA, NVA AP20,
Speakers: Cubettes, Royd Envoy (Half Doc Modded);
Headphones: Hifiman HE-6, Hifiman HE-400i, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250ohm), Superlux HD681 EVO,

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:11 pm

I could pop in and see them, only 10 miles from me :grin:
I love fluffy bunnies

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Its the address of Franks Accountants Ltd. Often small Ltd companies use accountants or solicitors as registered addresses.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Scalford is no more, now we have Kegworth.

Simon Hickie
Great Britain

Unread post by Simon Hickie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm
Scalford is no more, now we have Kegworth.
Excellent. Only half an hour away for me. Very well located for the motorway network too.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Of course scene of the notorious air disaster. Easier to get to than Scalford even though further north. I'm actually surprised it wasn't moved to Yorkshire!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

They have this new one in Harrogate for that.

Simon Hickie
Great Britain

Unread post by Simon Hickie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Classicrock wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:33 pm
Of course scene of the notorious air disaster. Easier to get to than Scalford even though further north. I'm actually surprised it wasn't moved to Yorkshire!
Indeed. The house we've just sold is under the flight path. Just as well they were coming in over Kegworth that day otherwise it could have been much worse.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Some relevant information sent to my by Peter. It seems the soiled blanket is in charge of shows now and who gets rooms, so that is me out again.

Anyway for your inf

For the benefit of your forum readers, and in answer to some rather ridiculous assumptions from HFS members, HiFiGlobal is now the umbrella company so that all the other activities such as the store, reviews, video, PR and advertising can sit beneath it including the forum which is only a part of the overall business. Due to the bad reputation the forum had before I took over it needed a name change from HiFiWigwam to The Wam Music & HiFi Forum to make it more accessible to a new and younger audience and also gain the trust of the manufacturers, distributors and retailers so that we can offer new products for review, give substantial product discounts to our paid members and also increase our focus on a new style of local Bake-Off events which we can take around the UK side by side with our new bigger shows which we intend to grow substantially over the next five years with one in Edinburgh and another in London. I also have a new satirical magazine coming out soon totally written by members from all HiFi forums - which should make very interesting reading which I'm sure some of your colourful characters would be interested in getting involved with.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 pm

I presume I am one of the more colourful characters referred to. :dance: Don't think anything written by me would be published. :lol:

Will NVA be allowed at bake offs or will it be Europa League?
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.