The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 pm

There would have to be an enormous change of attitude if pissed on blanket allows it. Look at how many of you he has banned, he is a relic of the old owner and the old forum, he is not going to change, if he did your bans and the ban on the discussion of NVA would have been rescinded by now.

Peter thinks if he separates himself from it then he can deny any blame for their behaviour WRONG MATE, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE, so don't expect a change of our attitude until you sort that man out.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 am

Since the appearance of Hifi Global it seems to me that WW was bought by slurping rip off interests to which PFP is the public persona. HFS and NVA are seen as threats and the piss stained blanket is enjoying his role as a bouncer.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 am

That about sums it up.

Though I still like the shows, if they follow in principle the Scalford way. In other words selected trade to finance the show that is in sympathy with the members systems, not gross over priced bling or plain rip-off companies like Linn, using the memberships rooms just to create credibility :naughty: . The idea of local bake-offs I really don't understand as they are being done anyway. I can't participate because I cannot ask to attend. But as long as Piss Stained Blanket is in charge backed up by the likes of men in black that seems a long way off. AND yes he is being insulted, the day he shows us some respect and opens the doors again and cancels the bans maybe some of us will stop doing it, but at the moment it is thoroughly deserved,

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm
Due to the bad reputation the forum had before I took over it needed a name change from HiFiWigwam to The Wam Music & HiFi Forum to make it more accessible to a new and younger audience and also gain the trust of the manufacturers, distributors and retailers so that we can offer new products for review, give substantial product discounts to our paid members...
"We couldn't monetise the forum without censoring it. Independent critique is notoriously bad for business"
...and also increase our focus on a new style of local Bake-Off events which we can take around the UK...
"We want to steal the clothes of enthusiasts to help sell more product"
"And what I call pleasure you may call pain...I’m talking five-day Tests"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 am

...I also have a new satirical magazine coming out soon totally written by members from all HiFi forums - which should make very interesting reading which I'm sure some of your colourful characters would be interested in getting involved with.
Not members of this forum.

We don't give a shit about making money from each other.

You don't give a shit about music or hifi.
"And what I call pleasure you may call pain...I’m talking five-day Tests"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:41 pm

He mentions accessibility to a new and younger audience. :lol: is he on drugs. The only chance of luring them away from their Bluetooth IPods is to offer VFM, ie direct selling of Richer Sounds.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 pm

He has some weird ideas, but it will be fun to watch and comment on. I think in a way we should all wish him luck with that idea, but it will need LOTS of thinking out of the box.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 pm

New email exchange. He is having a go at me for missing off the first para of the post below so I have included it all.

Peter Sowerby

to Daniel, me
Dear Richard,

Our shows and events are now headed up by Daniel Lyons. I set up the venues and deal with the logistics but then hand over to Danny who is responsible for selling trade room space and organising which of our members systems best suit certain rooms etc. so I have passed your request onto him.

For the benefit of your forum readers, and in answer to some rather ridiculous assumptions from HFS members, HiFiGlobal is now the umbrella company so that all the other activities such as the store, reviews, video, PR and advertising can sit beneath it including the forum which is only a part of the overall business. Due to the bad reputation the forum had before I took over it needed a name change from HiFiWigwam to The Wam Music & HiFi Forum to make it more accessible to a new and younger audience and also gain the trust of the manufacturers, distributors and retailers so that we can offer new products for review, give substantial product discounts to our paid members and also increase our focus on a new style of local Bake-Off events which we can take around the UK side by side with our new bigger shows which we intend to grow substantially over the next five years with one in Edinburgh and another in London. I also have a new satirical magazine coming out soon totally written by members from all HiFi forums - which should make very interesting reading which I'm sure some of your colourful characters would be interested in getting involved with.

Hope that helps but no doubt slammed as usual, either way at least you know from the horses mouth.

Kind regards
Peter

Richard Dunn (re room at new hi-fi show)

Unless you tell him to give me one I wont get one, you know that as well as I do. So it is up to you, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. do you want a better relationship or do you want war to continue and for me and other HFS members to look for any excuse, not hard to find, to take the piss.

It is simple I do not put up with the shit that has been throw at me over the years by Duvet and his team of bullies. You need better than that, and it is the main thing holding you back, it still clings to the past. BUT a new sheet of paper is just that, which means both sides have to create a new start, I have been willing all along but the moves are on your side as our comments are just responses. 1/ remove the bans imposed on nva users and HFS members 2/ stop the ban on discussion of nva products 3/ make the shows open for nva to participate - simples.

BTW there is no quid pro quo of censorship, you earn good comment at HFS and this would be a very good start.

Peter Sowerby

Dear Richard,

You seem to continue with your own vision of the current situation, which is totally wrong, your own understanding of how I run my business, which is totally wrong, your own feelings of thinking I want a new start, I did but don't now......and all this you are bringing up simply because you want a room. Really Richard its beyond a joke to be honest.

You are right, at the outset I had a complete 'wipe the slate clean' approach which you and a few others buggered up instantly. I have switched everyone off, through my own decision as I won't tolerate back stabbing or saying one thing on our forum and then slagging us off on another (at least you are straight in slagging us off all the time). Have you actually thought why the hell I would ever be involved in any way with you or HFS after what you and others have said both personal and commercial?

HFS has the bad reputation it has because of you and a few others, you have chosen for HFS to be that way but all I see is the 'piss take' of everyone else rather than anything serious at all, bitter comments from days gone by. Everyone I have spoken to both in the trade and privately thinks HFS is disgraceful and disgusting, a bit like HifiWigwam used to be but I've spent a year now cleaning it up so that we can do better reviews, shows and actually make it into the business I wanted when I started. You and your band of brothers may not like it but you need to really understand a major point - no one gives a shit anymore. HFS is past, it is a relic and full of moaning people, it doesn't even resemble a HiFi forum in any respect. You probably think that about The Wam too, but who cares? Certainly not me.

I think you live in a very different place mentally than I do. That's okay but please let us just agree that HFS is what it is and so is The Wam, I have absolutely no desire, need or want to have anything to do with you or HFS, the way you act and slate everyone and everything hifi related, its very childish and frankly you should be ashamed of yourself letting the hatred and jealousy take up so much of your time. It resembles exactly the type of place HiFiWigwam was with all the bullies.

You also copy everything I write to you personally and paste on the HFS forum, but cowardly you only paste the bits you want to. Any normal human being would not do this. I tried to understand you at the outset Richard and was totally prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt after everyone's comments but I see I was barking up the wrong tree.

HFS is what it is and so is The Wam - no one is bigger or better than the other, same industry but miles apart in understanding, ethics and ways of working, lets just agree to leave it at that. And again just so you are clear, a total of 18 people have PM'd me privately to say it would be a crazy idea to let you have a room, mainly because they think you are just there to cause trouble, be argumentative, slag off the trade and to settle scores for years gone by and at the 10th anniversary show in a new venue I just can't let that happen.

regards
Peter
PS I write everything now knowing you will post on your forum, have the decency to post it all this time.

Richard Dunn

to Peter
Lies I post everything you send to me so people can read it, as will be with this. The are no secrets or private messages as far as I am concerned.

Use your brains for a change, why do you think they hate us because we show them up and tell the truth about it, it is a sick rip-off industry and they don't like us exposing it. You obviously get no contact with honest end users who are simply fed up with it, all you hear is the bullshit.

HFS does a social job in this industry and will continue to do it.

That is not the point, now back to your original remark about clean sheet, tell me who ruined that, I will tell you, not me but Duvet he removed my posts and banned me even though I had done nothing wrong, unless you call telling the truth wrong. He then banned anyone who admitted or showed themselves to be a member of HFS or a NVA product owner - a new start my arse!!!! You need to take control of the man as he is not helping you in your endeavour to make old wigwam into new wigwam. What we have because of him and his hanger on mods is a slightly tamer far more boring version of the old forum, until you get rid of him it will stay that way, it needs to be re-thought.

The problem is you only talk to people you think you can make money (slurp) from, and the more of that slurp there is the more the real members of this industry - the users - are ripped off, and you seem to be encouraging it. You need to talk to your forum members, the poor bugger who have to put up with people like you polluting their hobby. HFS doesn't pollute it, it is about the only place that helps them, both in information and concrete help. Wigwam doesn't, in the past it served peoples egos, at the moment all it serves is an excuse to hang all your commercial tat around it.

Time to rethink old boy, but you wont do it, when you are ready we can talk. So do I get this room or not, do you want my money or not.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Now my challenge to him. He says he has had 18 posts from people saying I shouldn't be allowed to attend. I could find more than that here at this very moment who are still your members but here as well who would say the opposite. If you actually put it to the vote at Wigwam you would most likely get 90% of members who couldn't give a shit, and probably 5% for and 5% against. It is those 90% you should be listening to.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Once more you see what is behind the attempt to isolate us from this industry. Do you think the threat of the loan scheme could be part of it. I definitely do, and it may seem paranoia but it happened at TAS, at PFM, at AoS, at Wigwam, so there is definitely some background pressure from somewhere in this industry.

It is simple they don't want honesty, they just want their slurp and as much of it as they can while this music generation is still alive. They have little threat to that and there is no vehicle for the victims - YOU - apart from here.