The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
antonio66
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by antonio66 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:10 pm

NVA are never going to be welcome. HiFi Global (it even sounds like a rip off company) is only there for him to make money. He doesn't even own a hifi. :shifty:
My set-up: PT Too,Rega 250 AO mods, Lyra Helikon, NVA Phono 2 + Extra PS, Project CD Transport/Project LPSU, Calyx 192 dac, NVA P50, NVA A60, Cube 3's. Headphones Senn HD700s and NVA AP10H. SSP/SC interconnect and NVA LS5 speaker cable.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:17 pm

And the truth is seen as lies and honesty is seen as insult, sad industry we are becoming.

No I take that back, we were worst in the past, we just have new people like PFP trying to join in the slurp.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm

He is just a public persona for the slurpers. They are putting up the finance because he does not have it. The company is not in his name because of his dubious past. I agree that the loan scheme has got the industry sluppers worried. Also, his messages show that our piss taking is getting at them.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm

The aims of HFS - musical and financial truth - are possibly incompatible with the required outcomes for HiFi Wigwam.

We (HFS) try to help fellow enthusiasts by exposing rip-offs, spamming and shilling. We seek to make different gear available to each other to compare without bias or agenda. We share experience and knowledge for free.

HFWW want manufacturers and dealers to have the highest possible margins so they can afford to buy more advertising and exhibit at more shows. There's no benefit to HFWW in properly critiquing the sound quality or dissecting the parts value of the kit their advertisers are selling.

Critical analysis, openness to learning and a willingness to face the truth do not make HFS members miserable or negative - quite the opposite. I don't see a culture of childishness, bullying or jealousy here. It is possible to take energy from things you hate but I suggest most members here are optimists. We believe that there is a better way of doing things and that we can help each other along the way. The internet is an enabler of truth (for those who want to use it for that purpose). The truth only makes you miserable when you would rather deny it. Robust debate may not sell advertising but it is perfectly appropriate behaviour. The world needs more of it.

Everyone wants to make a living. A living does not have to come at the expense of honesty. It's fine for HFWW to be an advertising site but it fails the honesty test when it publishes 'real reviews' that have been paid for. The WAM forum has been censored and sanitised to ensure that it doesn't frighten the advertisers. Now Peter talks about organising bake offs and publishing a satirical magazine. If he takes on the clothes of genuine enthusiasts to pursue profit regardless of the truth, we will call him out for it and he will deserve it.

Good to know that he's still reading HFS on a regular basis, though ;)
"And what I call pleasure you may call pain...I’m talking five-day Tests"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:26 am

savvypaul wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm
The aims of HFS - musical and financial truth - are possibly incompatible with the required outcomes for HiFi Wigwam.

We (HFS) try to help fellow enthusiasts by exposing rip-offs, spamming and shilling. We seek to make different gear available to each other to compare without bias or agenda. We share experience and knowledge for free...

My aim, when participating on this and other Internet forums, is to give my fingers something to do as I listen to music at home.

I have no noble and no ignoble aims when posting on here.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am

Everyone to their own, we are all individuals, we are compatible here with many agendas and needs. But there are things our members are not compatible with, otherwise they wouldn't post here, PFP represents that. I have become the enemy for them to try and damage, but I will continue to put my argument and try to get rooms at his shows and my membership back at TAS, for me they are symbolic.

I would love to have your sentiments Lindsay, but again at the moment what I see in the industry motivates me to comment. I see it as a positive process, not the way PFP sees it. If you look at the corruption of the industry 30 years ago, are we better, I think so, still a long way to go to get our hobby back though as new slurpers like PFP are always trying to join in. It is like painting the Forth Bridge, at times perhaps I focus too much on it but for so long I was lone voice it seemed, now because of the web there if spreading awareness of our POV.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:10 pm

In days gone by rip off merchants bought the dealers and journalists. Times have changed so they have now bought and completely altered an established web site. HFS has an important role to play in exposing what is going on, with AOS and PFM as well to a less blatant extent, and shining a light on VFM products.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Can you imagine how all his "customers" for his cheap tat advertising of grossly over priced bling and marketing bullshit, react after / at his official bake-offs and shows if they were pissed on musically from a great height by product at a 10th of the price. Not very well and the slurp would soon disappear, so censorship and market manipulation is called for. Users will see the truth and it would happen more as more and more people (his victims) are finding out. Well he would quickly lose his share of the slurp, so it is in his interest to find anyway to block nva from it. That is the reality in this, the excuse is me being the devil incarnate and you lot having passed to the dark side.

So lets establish a few rules for the light side of the force (musical hi-fi) - 1/ sensible prices, no slurpers, no middlemen, no one looking for a cut 2/ return if unhappy for full refund 3/ some stuff available on loan 4/ no bullshit slurping retailers to put up with, especially their knowlegeless minimum wage spotty lads pretending to be experts 5/ somewhere (here) where you can talk to users, see their opinion (good and bad), and be supported through the buying and using process 6/ somewhere you can talk to the designer, even if he is often a grumpy old git, but at least he is real 6/ no loss upgrade, instead of another excuse to rip you off 7/ no pretend need for servicing scheme to rip you off even more.

So where do you find the opposite of this, why at Hi-Fi Wigwam amoungst his special partners, especially Elite Audio, BD (big durr, an ex wigwam bully turned slurpin rip-off retailer) etc. Under whose shepherding, well the sheep under the pissed on stained blanket, and the slurpers under Pet Food Pete. And he has the cheek to turn reality completely around and point at me and this forum, we are not like the old Wigwam, they bullied for ego, one up manship in the in crowd, all encouraged by the owner. WE TELL THE TRUTH AND THEY DON'T LIKE IT.

OK we are rude to them and sometimes bloody rude, I am sure it upsets them, but we only do it to people who deserve it = the lowest of low like Marco with this pair coming up on the rails to challenge him for the title of #1 sub human, the rest are quite safe with us.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Lindsayt wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:26 am
savvypaul wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm

We (HFS) try to help fellow enthusiasts by exposing rip-offs, spamming and shilling. We seek to make different gear available to each other to compare without bias or agenda. We share experience and knowledge for free...

My aim, when participating on this and other Internet forums, is to give my fingers something to do as I listen to music at home.

I have no noble and no ignoble aims when posting on here.
One wonders why you are not a member of aos then :grin:
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:52 pm

I think they banned him, Lindsay is genuine, he doesn't have to agree with all we tend to do. He definitely would not fit in at AoS in terms of ethics, but Marco has said that (in email to me) he cannot understand why he is member here as he likes valves.