Audio Talk

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
joe
Great Britain

Re: Audio Talk

Unread post by joe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:Go to a dictionary and look up the annymous.
No such word as 'annymous' in the OED. But since all forums (as far as I know) require a user name, no-one is actually 'anonymous'; they are 'pseudonymous' unless they use their own name.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:29 pm

joe wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:Go to a dictionary and look up the annymous.
No such word as 'annymous' in the OED. But since all forums (as far as I know) require a user name, no-one is actually 'anonymous'; they are 'pseudonymous' unless they use their own name.
Most forum software will allow guest posting, so yes they can be anonymous. Many (most) don’t allow it, Slashdot.Org for example has "Anonymous Coward" for posts from non logged in users.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:14 am

I have stuck my head over the parapet at AT so we will see how much I am shot at. BUT REALLY this is like red flag to a bull, can anyone tell me what the feck this guy is going on about, does he listen to music - pathetic!!! Harbeth should employ him.

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 36#p140536

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:33 am

BUT REALLY this is like red flag to a bull
I think that the world can be allowed to have different opinions cant it? Seems a bit fundamentalist to go beyond just expressing your disagreement.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:58 am

But that is all I am doing Nick, in my inimitable style :grin:

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Not sure that is a battle worth fighting , I am sure there are many speaker and amp designs on there that would make you wince . And who is that sir mingy bastard calling me a sycophant ,ignorant prat.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Wince yes but steam coming out of my ears no, this one is steam, it is madness, and the next thing because it is a pro solution someone will try to foist it on us. We are drifting to pro and pro is drifting away from music. It is the latest marketing bullshit. I don't want to win anything, I want to register my distaste.

Anyway - SIT! and behave yourself my young puppy :lol: :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Lindsay, you will love this from Flatty at AT.

Richard.

If you send me some of your Cubes I'll do a bake off against my Linn SARAs, which sit at the opposite end of the scale to the Cube design philosophy.
I will use a first pressing of the Planet Suite on Decca SXL2305.
I won't use any recording and the attendees can post their own views. I won't post an opinion.

How that for an offer?

My reply

Flatty - You can't be serious. You and your mates Wanker and The Bitch have spent the last 10 years or more telling lies about me and my products on the forums. Do you seriously think I would trust you to be honest.

You can organise another of your disastrous biased bake-offs and I will supply them to someone I trust to bring them like Lindsay. Then there will be at least one honest person there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Flatty is in York or near to York I think, who is near with Cubes, Terry, Savvy, perhaps he should visit there first.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:12 pm

YNWOAN inherited a nice looking pair of 6's from his father I believe and thought them not so good. Flatty tried them and also disliked what he heard (from memory). Knowing how 'channelled' their opinions seem to be (I'm not criticising), anything different from their current preference will automatically be rejected I fear. Sara's in any shape or form are so characterful and tonally distinctive (I used to like them once), it would be difficult to accept another but differently strong style of presentation I think ;)
...I have renounced the worldly bustle and live in peace at a quiet place,
I live alone in this my heaven, in my love (and) in my songs.