Hi-Fi Wigwam threats to HFS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Shevans
Great Britain

Re: Hi-Fi Wigwam threats to HFS

Unread post by Shevans » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:38 am

Did anyone notice that PFP dealer document had a screen shot from Sevenoaks Sound and Vision?

I did... and they were not happy ;)

Vlad_Dracul

Unread post by Vlad_Dracul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Bucket and Spade wrote:
TerryMadher wrote:
alfer wrote:I see one of their Traders has gracefully bowed out. A trickle that leads to a flow?
I can't find anything about that, but then I find HFWW a pain in the arse to navigate and I don't go there often.

Please can you provide link, alter?

Thanks
The thread from John at Midland Audio Exchange has been removed.
The jist of Johns post anyone ?

Vlad_Dracul

Unread post by Vlad_Dracul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 pm

slinger wrote:They're charging people to send PMs? Now that really is ridiculous.
Really :o Whatever wheeze next to squeeze its members dry :roll:

Bucket and Spade
Great Britain

Unread post by Bucket and Spade » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Vlad_Dracul wrote:The jist of Johns post anyone ?
He said that he would no longer be selling items on HFWW after mid May and thanked the members for the their custom over the last 12 years.

It does look as though not only was the thread removed but so has any existence of John or MAX on the site.

Bucket and Spade
Great Britain

Unread post by Bucket and Spade » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Vlad_Dracul wrote:
slinger wrote:They're charging people to send PMs? Now that really is ridiculous.
Really :o Whatever wheeze next to squeeze its members dry :roll:
You can store a number of PMs for free (50?) but part of the "upgrade" option is a 1000 PM limit. As long as you have space, you can send or receive PMs.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Only hours to go before the Super Wammer special offer closes. I wonder how many took advantage. These owning souls do seem to lack the insight of how a Audio Forum member thinks. All they see is the buying and selling which they relate to. I bet spirit of the Wam just doesn't open their hearts. Unfortunate people. I wonder what say 3 months time will reveal.
They are getting arsey because of Viglink highly intolerant of
Chris if you want to stay stay, if you just want to be here to rant and rave about the past or you think it has changed so much that you don't want to participate, that's absolutely fine. What I will not tolerate is anyone from the past who wants to 'have a go' just because it has changed AND/OR slag us off on other forums.

Do not be confused by healthy debate, disagreements or differences of opinion - this is welcomed and admired. Any personal attacks on the forum or against the Mods and anyone, not just you, will be simply switched off.

I hope that's clear.

almost Marco like. What a forum to belong to, getting ones tongue soiled having to put up with money man and his buddy. If they keep getting rid of the past members they won't have much left, certainly no expert audiofools.

Vinyl anyone?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Duvet is an arse!

Vlad_Dracul

Unread post by Vlad_Dracul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Bucket and Spade wrote:
Vlad_Dracul wrote:The jist of Johns post anyone ?
He said that he would no longer be selling items on HFWW after mid May and thanked the members for the their custom over the last 12 years.

It does look as though not only was the thread removed but so has any existence of John or MAX on the site.
Thanks for that BnS, obviously more to this than meets the eye, IMHO I have always found John to be a perfect gentleman both in person and in business. As for wiping his existence entirely from WankWam , unless requested by John himself, evidently personifies PetFoodPete and Duvet to be the Petty Vindictive little Turds we all know them to be.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Do not be confused by healthy debate, disagreements or differences of opinion - this is welcomed and admired.

Welcomed my arse, this is what I was banned for after three posts!
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:07 pm

CN211276 wrote:Do not be confused by healthy debate, disagreements or differences of opinion - this is welcomed and admired.

Welcomed my arse, this is what I was banned for after three posts!
"SNAP" :lol: