NVA TFS

Private sales of kit go here.
Theo
Great Britain

NVA TFS

Unread post by Theo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Hello all

This will sound odd, but I'm willing to let my NVA TFS go, because I want to step back in time and purchase a reel-to-reel machine...

The TFS (The Future Statement) was a one-off build between Richard (power supplies) and another, who referred to it as a music-only PC. It's a lovely piece of kit. It came pre-loaded with Windows 7, but I've installed Windows 10 (makes it more stable). The Blu-Ray reader is top notch, as is the Asus DAC. They were £1800 new.

Happy to look at part ex against a decent R2R (thinking of something along the lines of a Pioneer RT909), but happy to look at offers. Otherwise would let it go for £500 ono.

Any interest?
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; SME V/Ortofon Cadenza Blue Phono: Whest PS30R. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: NVA TFS. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W

Theo
Great Britain

Re: NVA TFS

Unread post by Theo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 am

Lot of views, but no interest. Happy to negotiate on price :)
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; SME V/Ortofon Cadenza Blue Phono: Whest PS30R. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: NVA TFS. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:27 am

Theo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 am
Perhaps a picture (or two) might help ?

And a few technical details (like processor) as well ?

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:28 am

Good move. Someone with industry knowledge on Hoffman recons tape is making a big comeback and there will be a number of new domestic machines introduced within a few years.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm

valvesRus wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:27 am
Theo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 am
Perhaps a picture (or two) might help ?

And a few technical details (like processor) as well ?
It's a standard PC in one acrylic illuminated box with an NVA power supply (in a fairly standard Mk.1 acrylic box). PC components were chosen (and case designed) to remove the need for a fan and to concentrate on music only. The soundcard was an Asus Sonar. It was supplied with Windows 7 and a copy of JRiver Media player, which also ripped CDs. All of it was configured to work 'out of the box', which is a big benefit for people who dislike the idea of separate components. I have photos somewhere but I need to hunt them out. Happy to email them if there is interest.

The power supply had a 12v and a 5v feed, meaning that the PC and the soundcard were on separate power supplies.

• Dual core 1.6Ghz Intel processor
• 4 GB ram
• 128 GB SSD (solid state drive) capable of storing over 200 uncompressed CDs or 2000 high quality mp3 CDs
(there's provision for 2 more drives so you can increase your capacity as your music collection increases)
• Blu-ray drive (including DVD/CD writer)
• IR remote control
• Windows 7 Pro (I upgraded it to Windows 10)
• J River Media Player 15 (full version)

Built in DAC in the form of the highly regarded Xonar Essence
• This has been modified and improved from stock
• Built in DAC eliminates the need for expensive interconnects or external clocks

Separate high quality dual linear power supply
• One 300va supply for the PC
• One 300va supply for the built in DAC

Hard to know why, but when making a CD rip, the downloaded album sounded better than a played CD...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_Gkz6 ... G_2850.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Gkz6 ... G_2855.JPG

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Still use mine, great bit of kit.

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:20 pm

I still use mine from time to time, but less so these days. If I just want Spotify, I'm happy to access it via Chromecast and my iPhone.

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 am

How about £450? A lot of PC and power supply for the price :)

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Even as a standard CDP, this sounds really impressive.