order for cubettes

As an alternative to ebay place orders here and pay either by paypal or bank transfer or cheque. When shipped and received the thread will be closed.
applemarc
Great Britain

Re: order for cubettes

Unread post by applemarc » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:51 am

That’s perfectly understandable
SME30,SME V,Koetsu Jade Diamond, Balanced Audio Technology VK-D5SE SUPER PAK cd player,NVA TCS/TAS, NVA CUBIX PRO Wadia 171 Beresford Caiman Ipod

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am

I like this piece of advice:

"Never give in

It’s really important never to give in to the demand that caused the tantrum as it will teach them that having a meltdown gets you what you want. That’s a recipe for more tantrums. "

More and more frequently in school I have to deal with teenagers who are used to getting their own way by throwing a tantrum - often for wanting to carry on with what they see as a perfectly reasonable action, such as not working, continually chatting, playing games on their mobile 'phones, gouging initials (or diagrams :-? ) in to benches.
LP12,Ittok,DV10X5,Phono2(twin supply),P50/A40's,LS5,SSC,Rega Ela mk1.
Sony cdp xb930,Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 am

Now I don't want to turn this in to parenting thread but that is just silly . To equate teenager behaviour with giving in to toddler tantrums is ridiculous .

A toddler does not have sufficient vocabulary to express how they are feeling , that is the reason why they tantrum . You do not give in to {all} tantrums but you do not ignore them, you find out why they are behaving like they are . I am bloody sure that as soon as soon as toddler DQ is able to ask for a peach yoghurt he will not tantrum because when he was 2 that got him one , if I say he isn't allowed one ;)

Teenagers do not throw tantrums, that is just misbehaving and taking the piss .

tantrums are a surge of emotions that a child is unable to deal with in an adult manner because they are children and do not have sufficient language skills .

some psychologists have equated poor language skills with a propensity to violence in adults
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:48 am

you obviously have little or no experience of working in a school.
LP12,Ittok,DV10X5,Phono2(twin supply),P50/A40's,LS5,SSC,Rega Ela mk1.
Sony cdp xb930,Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:54 am

There is a difference between observing and understanding. Billions of people had observed an apple falling from a tree , it took Isaac newton to figure out it was gravity .

To suggest that giving in to toddler tantrums equates to poorly behaved teenagers is ridiculous.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:17 am

Dan, Guys point is valid......
Teenagers do throw Tantrums as well.
You want to see my Nephews & Niece..,...... :angry-screaming:
I would thrash the wee brats...... :whistle:

To suggest that giving in to toddler tantrums equates to poorly behaved teenagers is ridiculous. (Dan).

Its not. - Nip it in the bud early and Bash the Brats. ;) :guiness;

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:21 am

tantrum
/ˈtantrəm/
noun
noun: tantrum; plural noun: tantrums
an uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration, typically in a young child.

As stated any teenager who does not have the language and emotional intelligence to control their anger needs help.

teenagers are misbehaving ,it does not assist to see their behaviour as tantrums . Tantrums are for children .

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:42 am

Daniel Quinn wrote: A toddler does not have sufficient vocabulary to express how they are feeling , that is the reason why they tantrum . You do not give in to {all} tantrums but you do not ignore them, you find out why they are behaving like they are .
Which is not (usually) possible, precisely because in most cases the toddler can't tell you what he or she wants; they're so beside themselves with rage they just lie on the floor and scream. It happened once with our nephew when he was a toddler and we took him out for the day; we were queuing up for ice creams and he just threw a wobbly for no apparent reason. Of course, everyone was staring at us/him, and we wanted to say 'He's not actually our child', but that would have sounded weird and probably got us arrested.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:12 am

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:16 am

Sounds about right :grin: