BMU+TIS

As an alternative to ebay place orders here and pay either by paypal or bank transfer or cheque. When shipped and received the thread will be closed.
kellerist
Hungary

BMU+TIS

Unread post by kellerist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi Doc,

So long as I'm chewing on the amplifiers I'd like to buy some of the sure links of the chain. Please, make me a BMU with continental sockets and a 70 cm TIS cable. Please, calculate the shipping cost to Budapest, Hungary 1201. I'd prefer to pay via bank transfer. Paypal's exchange rate from HUF to GBP is daylight robbery.

Thanks!

Istvan

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: BMU+TIS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Bank transfer from abroad always ends up a mess as I get hit with charges, even if you say charges to you, the UK bank will put charges onto me.. Paypal is the only sensible way, but you do it via their friends and family service, you are then not charged. So it is not a sale, you are giving me money as a gift and I am giving stuff back as another gift :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 pm

BMU - £500
TIS - £410

P & P (UPS standard) - £30

Total - £940

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Ok, Paypal then. Please, let me know your email.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Thank you!
Just to avoid misunderstandings: I sent the funds to my paypal account, but the bank will complete the transaction on monday. Paypal adds the money to my balance in 1-2 days, I will be able to send it to you after it is done. Thanks for your understanding!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:47 pm

No Problem.

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Doc,
I completed the payment.
I tried to send the money, but it is above some european limit, so now my paypal account is limited. I have to send them documents to prove my identity, it will take days. Anyhow I was able to send your money in two parts, please, check it They changed my HUF to GBP for 373,3 instead of the 350.99 banking rate. It's 60 GBP difference. When I will pay for the amps, it will be hundreds. I don't know of course the conditions of the english banks, but the hungarians charge nothing for receiving money, but two problems can really occur: the sender doesn't accept the fees (even if he/she tells you otherwise), or send you wrong currency, and your bank has to change. The highest fee I ever paid for an international transfer was 12 GBP, including the fees of my bank and the receivers bank, and there wasn't any note ever from any receiver about any additional fees (or they were just very polite).
Please, next time allow me to transfer, I swear that I will send you any fee your bank charge you. I use paypal often, it's very handy for small amounts, but very expensive for larger amounts compared to other solutions. It's not about the fees, it's the horrible excange rate. Maybe Western Union is the only more expensive.
Of course there is no problem if you insist paypal, I just wantwed you to know, you don't meet this problem by domestic transactions, maybe you didn't know about it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:11 am

How about Western Union or similar money transfer companies, would that be cheaper.

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am

I forgot to ask what’s next? You put my things in the queue, let me know when ready, I send my adress and finished, or is there anything I have to do?