Ebay/Paypal

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ebay/Paypal

Unread post by antonio66 »

Having purchased the damaged AP10H, I needed some headphones and pressed the Buy Now button on a pair of PSB M4U 1s (thoughts appreciated) There was a 10% discount code which had to be inserted at the checkout page. Having pressed the buy now button the next page to appear was the Purchase Complete page not giving me a chance to insert the 10% code. I contacted Ebay who informed me this was something Paypal does with a one click purchase. I contacted Paypal who told me to contact the supplier to cancel the purchase and for me to repurchase. They said they could not do this since the goods had already been delivered (in less than 24hrs). I contacted Paypal again who tell me I have a message waiting for me at their message centre. I have gone to the message centre and clicked on for the message to be shown but it does not appear. I have again contacted paypal and am waiting for an email. Has anybody here had similar problems or is it just me. Sorry for the long description.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Ebay/Paypal

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You have to follow the process, if it messes up you have to cancel and start again. Then press the buttons in the right order. I haven't had or used this 10% discount code. Ash did with his AP50 purchase so PM him.

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

Yes I did use it, I had to put the code into the PayPal page at the bottom before you click submit on the Pay now screen.

Like Doc said you will have to start again, or buy something else before the code runs out.

antonio66

The code ran out on the 30th Sept the same day I purchased the phones. The problem was it did not go to the pay now/checkout page. Pressing the Buy it Now button took me to purchase complete page not giving me chance to insert the code. I have had to enter a code on a previous purchase and had no trouble. I now have to retrieve a message at the message centre on paypal which does not appear to work.

AshM750.

Oh Dear, well I wish you good luck with that. As for the headphones you have bought I am not familiar with that particular make. How much did you pay? Or how much would you have saved if you used the code?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Sounds like there was a specific time during the day that it ran out and you just missed it.

AshM750.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Sounds like there was a specific time during the day that it ran out and you just missed it.
That could be the case but it should still give you the option to enter the code.

antonio66

Thanks Ash and Doc for your replies, I'll let you know how I get on but still waiting to hear from Paypal. The phones were £150 so discount £15 so not the end of the world. The phones have had very good reviews, although I did look at a Audio Technica model as well as a few previously mentioned on here.