Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by zebbo »

in_denial wrote:Hi All,

I'm Tim; I've been interested in hifi since my youth; I have had a Pink Triangle for the past 29 years, and kept the same system until four years ago, when I discovered the joys of forums and second-hand kit. I now have a few more PTs, which I am steadily modifying (see Vinyl Engine's PT sub forum) but i still have my PT (now upgraded by Funk) as a reference.

I may well mostly lurk, but this seems a pleasant a place to do it, and has a DIY forum to keep me happy!

--Tim
Hi Tim. I guess that's the Tim, demon Anni clone builder from Vinyl Engine yes? :obscene-drinkingcheers: 8-)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

istari_knight
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by istari_knight »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The posting reflects the members, and some of us have a lot to say about other hi-fi forums ;) Join in or not, it is not compulsory.
Thats fair enough, this forum appears to be the only available outlet for such things... An independent regulator for hifi fora if you will :grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am glad you recognise that, most seem not to.

istari_knight

Well, its difficult to find anyone without vested interest / agendas these days. Of course no one will admit to it but then they don't need to, genuine folk with more than two brain cells can spot it a mile off and act accordingly... Either choosing to try & ignore them [more often than not what I do] or call them out on it which is more your style from what I've seen :lol:

Anyway, AOS still isn't back up so I'm off to try and find some more threads to revive... I tried watching the commonwealth games ceremony but its pure tripe, I had to switch off / play some music.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I had a chicken wing BBQ and sat in the garden with a glass of ice cold Limonchello.

istari_knight

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I had a chicken wing BBQ and sat in the garden with a glass of ice cold Limonchello.
Ooh lovely, I only drink on "special occasions" which makes every single drop even more heavenly :guiness;

... The downside being it only takes fives drop to put me on my back !

wildflower

Unread post by wildflower »

Eyup. I've just joined... Have been a member of some other forums and am fed up with the lot. Thought I'd come on here and VENT...

:angry-screaming:

:grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Oooo, I like it, venting is our speciality. Though we draw the line at smelly ones. :naughty:

wildflower

Unread post by wildflower »

Heh! I'll leave those ones outside :grin:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Wildflower & Welcome to HFS.
This is the only hifi forum to my knowledge that allow's Venting.
Enjoy.