Rail fares

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Rail fares

Unread post by kimangelis »

Hello All.

We're having a new railway built here in the Scottish Borders between Melrose and Edinburgh.

I just wondered what people pay for a day-return rail fare (commute time) for a journey of about an hour, or about 40 miles?

Thanks
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Andrew

Re: Rail fares

Unread post by Andrew »

Newcastle to Durham is shorter than that. Day returns are £7.60 iirc. Single fares are somewhere about the same. Monthly season tickets are a whopping £120 for what is a 15 min train ride. No wonder the roads are busy.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Ipswich to London Liverpool St varies depending on how you do it :( The best off-peak prices last we went was to go one stop to Manningtree and change trains!

I complain now, but when I went from Tring to London Euston every day (less than 40 miles) , an annual season ticket was £1200 back then (1980 or thereabouts). That must equate to five grand or so now...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Day return from Keith to Aberdeen approx £23 = 41 Miles.

Scotrail.

Me being a Jammy Bastard and despite being only 21 use my Club 55 card.............. :shhh: ;)

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Thanks everyone. The proposed return fare Stow > Edinburgh is £15.00. So about par I'd say.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.