Welcome to the new forum

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Welcome to the new forum

Unread post by terrybooth »

And, once again, breaking the record for number of users at one time - 42.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

terrybooth wrote:And, once again, breaking the record for number of users at one time - 42.
And that is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything. SPOOKY :scared-ghostface:

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait »

familyguy wrote:Hi Ali , when you getting the TFS so me and Gary can come and listen to it .
Brian.
As soon as I can, however my beloved Alfa has been in dock for the last four weeks, and to get it back is going to cost me at least three quarters of the price of a TFS. :shock: why is it when you want to buy something you really want, something else goes wrong to put the kibosh on it! I don't think he can bring himself to tell me what the bill is currently up to. I t's a rare car and spares are hard to come by. Hopefully in the next month I will be able to get the cash to Jason. I will let you know.

familyguy
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by familyguy »

OK mate , shame we can't have all we want when we want it . Good luck with the Alfa . You'll get there in the end.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ali Tait wrote:
As soon as I can, however my beloved Alfa has been in dock for the last four weeks, and to get it back is going to cost me at least three quarters of the price of a TFS. :shock: why is it when you want to buy something you really want, something else goes wrong to put the kibosh on it! I don't think he can bring himself to tell me what the bill is currently up to. I t's a rare car and spares are hard to come by. Hopefully in the next month I will be able to get the cash to Jason. I will let you know.
I was an Alfa freak as well, they are addictive. I have owned Alfasud Sprint Veloce, GTV6, Cam Tail Spider, Guilietta, 75, everyone of them cost me, mostly electrics. I gave up on them with the new century and now own a Fiat Doblo (loads of room and doesn't go wrong) but I do miss that silly inane grin you get stuck on your face driving a *real* Alfa, and there ain't any being made any more IMO.

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

hifisubdb wrote:Also, I'd like to encourage everyone to set their National Flag in their Profile.
It seems that I am now a resident of Botswana .... my, what a boring flag :happy-smileyflower:

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Nah - Botswana is too boring, so I've now moved to Togo. :dance:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jandl100 wrote:
hifisubdb wrote:Also, I'd like to encourage everyone to set their National Flag in their Profile.
It seems that I am now a resident of Botswana .... my, what a boring flag :happy-smileyflower:
Well I knew the Forest of Dean was out in the sticks, but not that far out :character-afro:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jandl100 wrote:Nah - Botswana is too boring, so I've now moved to Togo. :dance:
Even further :banana-dreads:

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
I was an Alfa freak as well, they are addictive. I have owned Alfasud Sprint Veloce, GTV6, Cam Tail Spider, Guilietta, 75, everyone of them cost me, mostly electrics. I gave up on them with the new century and now own a Fiat Doblo (loads of room and doesn't go wrong) but I do miss that silly inane grin you get stuck on your face driving a *real* Alfa, and there ain't any being made any more IMO.
They are indeed. That's some very nice cars you've had there Richard. Mine is not quite so vintage, a 164 Super 3.0 V6. My first was a 166. I did 220,000 miles in it and it never missed a beat. Was even still on it's original exhaust! Great car, if a little too refined against the 164, which is more visceral by comparison, which is what you want from an Alfa really. Shame this one is not proving as bombproof as the 166. Worth it though. :D