Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
ABallagh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by ABallagh »

Hi folks! my name is Alan, been into music and soldering for longer than i care to remember, 53 now and Ive only just found this forum! I didnt even know it existed until I saw the ban on AOS, been reading the massive thread here with the same name for a week or so now and its been an eye opener for sure. Anyway more about me..... :grin: I enjoy ripping things to bits, anything, my first venture into improving my hifi was by accident many years ago, I had a set of 1mtr chord interconnects and they were too long so I cut them in half, I was shocked to here I had also improved the sound of the system, since that day ive pretty much abused, improved or destroyed every piece of hifi ive ever owned, oh and i might add one or 2 bits of kit I was asked to modify by my best friend. :oops: My user name on AOS is Dawg, if I get banned for been here so be it, this forum is just what I needed. I still enjoy putting valves in TDA based CDP's AKA my lmapizator style but slightly altered to lower the gain, for my current venture I will be posting a thread in the DIY section in the next day or 2, I hope to get some help if im brutally honest and have a bit of fun on the way......

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. We are a friendly bunch, no hypocrisy and plenty off DIY enthusiasts.
Good to see that Marco's absurd proclamations are drawing attention this way.
Last edited by CN211276 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Welcome Alan. Hope you have fun on HFS.

I'm a bit of a DIY nut too but sadly know nothing about valve designs. There are one or two that do though. Mr Lampizator is an interesting character indeed. I liked his view on building speakers which was linked to from here a while back.

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE

ABallagh

Unread post by ABallagh »

Thanks for the welcome guys, actually Stu I was reading your KISS thread this morning before I posted, Its along the lines of what I'm thinking. I'm on the road at the mo but I will be posting tonight all being well, I'm looking forward to getting involved here.

Bernard Quatermass
Great Britain

Unread post by Bernard Quatermass »

Evening All,

I've been obsessed by music since the early 70's and interested in Hifi since I first started working in 1980. I've been active on UK hifi forums for about 10 years but have hardly posted in the last few years. I've been a regular reader of this forum and most of the others over the last year. I thought I'd sign up here and start posting as it has the most interesting debates. The other forums are a bit boring TBH.

karatestu
Great Britain

Welcome to HFS Bernard. :grin:

Its certainly not boring around here :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

New members a bit shy ?
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is not compulsory to post here. Some of the banned returnees will prefer to be incognito for a while until they settle, nothing wrong with that. We need new starts with them. Though I am sad only a few have taken up the offer.

Rectified

Unread post by Rectified »

Bernard Quatermass wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm Evening All,

I've been obsessed by music since the early 70's and interested in Hifi since I first started working in 1980. I've been active on UK hifi forums for about 10 years but have hardly posted in the last few years. I've been a regular reader of this forum and most of the others over the last year. I thought I'd sign up here and start posting as it has the most interesting debates. The other forums are a bit boring TBH.
I would not say Music in general was obsessive, Hi-Fi & all the idiotic crap that comes with it deffo is.

What music you into then Bernie?

PhilOesophical_1

Unread post by PhilOesophical_1 »

Hello,

My name’s Phil and I’m an audioholic.

Phil