Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by savvypaul »

Welcome, Si.

Hope you enjoy the forum.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Chopsaw54 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am Hi, I'm Si. I was listening to Andy831's recently acquired NVA phono stage the other day and I was impressed so I thought I'd join the forum.
Morning fella

Welcome, new here myself but been to a bake off and the Yorkshire HIFI club and it’s been a blast.

I’d recommend taking advantage of the Docs loan scheme of his A20/P20 amps.... came in some 4 or 5 times cheaper than what I was using but wow I too was surprised at how good they were.

Chris

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 »

Hi Si and a very enjoyable day it was too shame the snow had to cut the session in half. I had made a lovely curry too anyway it fed me for two nights instead :grin:
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Longdog Audio Quartz Garrard PSU.
Longdog Audio Phono stage (MCj1)
Digital
NVA BMU.
Innuos Zen / Caiman Seg and Dorado
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Bel Canto Set 40, or LDA 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters

57charles
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 57charles »

Hi guys - I've recently joined the forum - didn't see the introduce yourselves bit until now. I've been listening for over40 years. Current setup includes Yamaha Z9, Spendor SP2/3r2, TEAC D -T1 DAC, SONY XA3000ES and Denon DVD A1 into the DAC. QED signiture components used as digital and analogue cables and Belkin Pure AV speaker cable. By the way, love Dr Bunsen - he makes this forum all the more worthwhile.😀

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Hello Charles. Welcome aboard.
DIY FREE ZONE

Andy-831
Great Britain

Hi Charles, you have an American flag but you seem to write with British style are you an "expat" mate.

I used to use that Sony cd player myself, I owned it for a few years and quite liked it but never thought it was a "real ES"

Andy
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Digital
NVA BMU.
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.

57charles

Unread post by 57charles »

Hello Andy-831 - yes, I'm British and have lived in USA for only 2 years but am a 'senior' person (age60).
Interesting about what you say about the Sony. I have to say I love it into the TEAC D-T1. I also have Denon DVD A-1 used as a transport into the TEAC and to be honest I like it as well - a little darker presention but it's all there - very impressive - I love both these units into the TEAC. I have to say they compare very favourably with a TEAC VRDS 25 I had which failed because of laser and Sony laser difficult to get. I'm pleased with both the Sony and Denon into TEAC DAC. Sony as a standalone CD - very good but not up to the same quality if you use it as a transport into the TEAC. Same with the Denon.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Interesting Charles Dac's may well be the next thing I look at althought up until now digital has firmly played second fiddle in my systems behind vinyl which still tends to to the source I go too if I want a serious listening session.

Its a bumper time out there at the moment to nab CD at very interesting prices (often finding titles at under £1.99) and as I doubt the sustainability of the recent Vinyl Bounce I think eventually CD may start to increase in value again unless of course download and streaming knocks it all into a "cocked hat" only time will tell, in the meantime I am stocking up on CD while there is a bounty out there which has made me think it may be time to look at the lowly Teac UD-H01 dac I currently use and consider something better.

Oh bye the way I do not consider 60 to be "senior" there are quite a few on here me included that could give you a few years and I am certainly not a senior yet despite what my Knee's tell me.

Andy
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Digital
NVA BMU.
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.

Chopsaw54

Unread post by Chopsaw54 »

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. I still frequent PFM and I've also modified a few Naim phono stages. I'm using a self built modified 834P atm with Denon DL110. For MC duties I've managed to split a pair of 323 cards so I can use the front end into the 834P.

MarcoPisa

Unread post by MarcoPisa »

Hello everybody, I've just joined the forum, and the reason is that I have just purchased an A20 + P20 system. My idea is to use it with a turntable and internet streaming in a small room 3m x 4m. Now I must find a pair of bookshelf speakers to partner with it. I am sure I can find many posts about speakers here. My budget is 200 euro max,brand new. Thanks to Mr Dunn and all the members for letting me join the forum.