Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by BadgerBeerIsBest »

Hi I am David.

It is so nice to find a (sympathetic ?) Doctor and therapy group where I can open up and talk about my addictions.
As we sit in a metaphorical circle It is a big step for me to say in front of you all that I was an ‘OCD Naim junky ‘.
Thank you for your applause :clap: I feel so much better for ‘coming out’ and saying that. It’s just one day at a time and small steps from here on, fingers crossed and out of ears it’s a long road back. It will be so nice not having to go round my local ‘Dealer’ again.
In recovery on the ‘Sunny South Coast.’
Cheers.
:guiness;
Don't gas my Badger........it's not Lager..!

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well Hi David and Welcome on board.
You'rs is a tragic case im afraid, but you can draw some consolation in the knowledge that you are/were not alone in your nasty Naim addiction.
I find it most uplifting that you have taken the first step by addmititing (Some people are too embarassed) you have had a problem - Its always a difficult step.... Be strong, keep the faith, and enjoy the forum.
We are here to help.
:clap: :pray:

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Unread post by Nihil Sleighride »

Hey,

Thought it best to introduce myself. I'm Liam. Running through past systems started with a Sony CD-PM79 plugged into a Ferguson Cassevier when I was 11. The following year bought a NAD 3020i and JPW Mini Monitors from Richers. This lasted a year until a Marantz CD63 was bought with my birthday money, then a Rega Plannar 3, this lasted until I was 17-18 and I got an Aura VA80s-EX and some Mordunt Short MS10i Pearls.
Next up was an Inca Designs Katana CD and the Aura replaced by a Jungson JA-88D with Monitor Audio B2s. Inca was great sounding but interitment issues so sold for a Shanling CD3000.
This year Jungson sold for Sony 940 and then a 670ES with Elac BS203A now in.
Swapping out QED silver anniversary biwire for some LS2.
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Welcome Liam, that's quite a history; I always loved the look of the Aura. Are you going to be bi-wiring the Elacs?
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

So far not planning to biwire. Going to give them a run just with a single set of LS2 although may also be tempted latter to try another run as the 670es makes it easy.
Next step is to remove the Cambridge Pacific out between the CD and amp for some sound chords.
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Welcome Liam - What do you think of the Shanling CD3000.?

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Hi,
It's been a really great piece of kit. Brick shithouse build and a large footprint but not as rough around the edges build wise as the Jungson amp. I've only just started using the single ended outputs which have the tube stage on them this year as for the previous 8 I'd used the xlr jacks into the Jungson which bypass it.
I really like it. Can't see me changing unless something packs up in it, as if the amp you're using allows, you have a few different configurations to see which one suits you best. Upsampling or no upsampling, tube stage or no tube stage.

ArseHats

Unread post by ArseHats »

Hello Hifisubjectivist,
Long time lurker, first time poster. (Finally plucked up the courage.)
Looking forward to helpful and fun hifi chat. :dance:
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

ArseHats wrote:Hello Hifisubjectivist,
Long time lurker, first time poster. (Finally plucked up the courage.)
Looking forward to helpful and fun hifi chat. :dance:
Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to wander about and say stuff. :)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

in_denial

Unread post by in_denial »

Hi All,

I'm Tim; I've been interested in hifi since my youth; I have had a Pink Triangle for the past 29 years, and kept the same system until four years ago, when I discovered the joys of forums and second-hand kit. I now have a few more PTs, which I am steadily modifying (see Vinyl Engine's PT sub forum) but i still have my PT (now upgraded by Funk) as a reference.

I may well mostly lurk, but this seems a pleasant a place to do it, and has a DIY forum to keep me happy!

--Tim