Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by karatestu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Maybe your pictures are too big (pixels) ?
I love fluffy bunnies

Ithilstone
Swaziland

Unread post by Ithilstone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Welcome Bill,

Whats your budget for CD? and would you like something modern or you like more vintage stuff

edit just realised that I was reading wrong page from the past ;[
PC+Foobar2000;
DACs: Arcam Delta Black Box; Grace m9XX; NuForce Icon HDP;
AMPs: NVA AP10H + 2xBBPSU [one case prototype :mrgreen: ], NVA AP70 SA, NVA AP20,
Speakers: Cubettes, Royd Envoy (Half Doc Modded);
Headphones: Hifiman HE-6, Hifiman HE-400i, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250ohm), Superlux HD681 EVO,

Ithilstone
Swaziland

Unread post by Ithilstone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 pm

I use https://imgur.com/
when you upload photo there you will have a option with couple of links of different sizes on right hand panel
just copy the links and paste here

like this
https://i.imgur.com/FcvAgu5.jpg
PC+Foobar2000;
DACs: Arcam Delta Black Box; Grace m9XX; NuForce Icon HDP;
AMPs: NVA AP10H + 2xBBPSU [one case prototype :mrgreen: ], NVA AP70 SA, NVA AP20,
Speakers: Cubettes, Royd Envoy (Half Doc Modded);
Headphones: Hifiman HE-6, Hifiman HE-400i, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250ohm), Superlux HD681 EVO,

William, it was really nothing
Great Britain

Unread post by William, it was really nothing » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:03 am

Ithilstone wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 pm
Welcome Bill,

Whats your budget for CD? and would you like something modern or you like more vintage stuff

Not sure really. Although I've spent many years listening to pretty much just CD, albeit through not brilliant equipment, I am not really a big fan of it. I really miss playing vinyl and tape.

I must have a masochistic streak, I seem to enjoy faffing about with stuff, rather than taking the easy option :grin:.

I'll probably just get myself to Richer Sounds eventually and listen to a few of their offerings around the £200-300 level. I want to get the analogue side sorted first. I'm not in any rush for the moment, just researching the options.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome messages :greetings-waveyellow:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:29 am

William, it was really nothing wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:03 am
Ithilstone wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 pm
Welcome Bill,

Not sure really. Although I've spent many years listening to pretty much just CD, albeit through not brilliant equipment, I am not really a big fan of it. I really miss playing vinyl and tape.

I must have a masochistic streak, I seem to enjoy faffing about with stuff, rather than taking the easy option :grin:.

I'll probably just get myself to Richer Sounds eventually and listen to a few of their offerings around the £200-300 level. I want to get the analogue side sorted first. I'm not in any rush for the moment, just researching the options.

Hey William,

I use a 15 year old Cambridge Audio CD5 which i bought new from Richer Sounds. With an AP20 it does everything i want.

Maybe worth checking out some of CA's current CD players.

Stu
I love fluffy bunnies

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:37 am

George Hincapie has a Marantz in the classifieds if still for sale.
My set-up: PT Too,Rega 250 AO mods, Lyra Helikon, NVA Phono 2 + Extra PS, Project CD Transport/Project LPSU, Calyx 192 dac, NVA P50, NVA A60, Cube 3's. Headphones Senn HD700s and NVA AP10H. SSP/SC interconnect and NVA LS5 speaker cable.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 am

William, it was really nothing wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:03 am

Not a sales pitch: but I have found CD more enjoyable since using NVA amp's, not sure if it is because of the passive pre or whatever.
CD still second to my vinyl, but I can listen to a whole album now without wincing!

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Guy.
LP12,Ittok,DV10X5,Phono2(twin supply),P50/A40's,LS5,SSC,Rega Ela mk1.
Sony cdp xb930,Alessandro ms1

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:04 am

Welcome to the forum. You might wish to consider ripping your CD collection to FLAC and getting a decent DAC which will not cost the earth. I found that ripped CDs and streams sounded better than my CD player, but I did not have NVA amplification at the time.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, Chord Mojo, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2, NVA SSP mk2, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110 cartridge, NVA Phono 1, NVA BMU, Grado SR 325e headphones.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, QED 79 strand.

eagwok33
Austria

Unread post by eagwok33 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi to everyone,

My name is Norbert and I'm from Austria.
I've been into this audio hobby for a long time (more than 40 years) mainly to enjoy listening to various kinds of music. As I haven't learned to play an instrument (besides playing air guitar every now and then), listening to music via a dedicated system has become a hobby over the years.

I didn't know about this forum until some weeks ago and honestly have to say, I'm not into forums so much (not enough spare time, I guess and too much into my beloved music ;-)) but around a year ago I had a very positive experience with one of RD's products (the NVA LS6 ls cable) and so I came across this forum.

As it looks to me on a first glance, there is a lot going on here with regard to our hobby! :-)
Nice to meet you!
Norbert
Norbert

Tubes and Vinyl rule, Music rocks! :icon-wink:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Nice to meet you too Norbert.

What equipment have you got ? Just being nosey :liar:

I suppose some of us spend too much time on forums :shhh: so i guess we are honoured to have you if you don't have too much spare time.

Lots going on here, no slurping, shilling or :Bllocks: though :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
I love fluffy bunnies