Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Neilardo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Neilardo »

HI there, occasionally commented on the old forum, been following the new just haven't signed up 'til now.
I'm a stay at home dad of three small kids (8,6,&4) so I'm pretty busy but still find time to listen to tunes every now and then. About 95% of what I listen to is post 1960, I like funk.soul,rock,pop,jazz,dance,folk,hiphop,electronica,gospel,blues, etc but I'll pretty much try anything.
Currently I'm using a Simaudio Moon CD.5 as my main source, and I have recently discovered NVA amplification and cables.
I am mostly happy with my stereo, the bit I'm not happy with is the reason I have re-registered. Also I enjoy the no-nonsense tone and the "last listen" bit.
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Hello Folks

I'm Glenn i have been using NVA equipment for over 25 years from the old metal framed Ap30 Intergrated amp up to todays current line up

Modified Squeezebox 3
Rega Apollo CD
P 50
A40's
A80's
Bi amped
Pmc fb1+ speakers
Sp /Ssp /Ls3 /Ls6 .

I have owned lots of other Kit in between.
Other to say i have always come back to Nva for me it provides me with exactally what i need Natural uncoloured Honest Sound .
My Other passion (main) consumer of my time is :auto-biker: current ride is a heavily modified (streetfighter) Suzuki bandit which also makes beautiful music to the ears especially when the needle gets close to the red bit on the Tacho :o
Of course i never break the speed limits and i am always aware of the laws of the land and would never break those your honour :twisted:

Nice to be a part of Hi-Fi Subjectivist :D
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Lazmo wrote:Hello Folks

I'm Glenn i have been using NVA equipment for over 25 years from the old metal framed Ap30 Intergrated amp up to todays current line up

Modified Squeezebox 3
Rega Apollo CD
P 50
A40's
A80's
Bi amped
Pmc fb1+ speakers
Sp /Ssp /Ls3 /Ls6 .

I have owned lots of other Kit in between.
Other to say i have always come back to Nva for me it provides me with exactally what i need Natural uncoloured Honest Sound .
My Other passion (main) consumer of my time is :auto-biker: current ride is a heavily modified (streetfighter) Suzuki bandit which also makes beautiful music to the ears especially when the needle gets close to the red bit on the Tacho :o
Of course i never break the speed limits and i am always aware of the laws of the land and would never break those your honour :twisted:

Nice to be a part of Hi-Fi Subjectivist :D
Of course! Nor did I, that's why I didn't have to sell my bike before I didn't lose my licence! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I think you are a bunch of loonies :? I would be more concerned at losing my life than losing my licence :shock:

On another pet beef of mine, why do you insist on driving with your headlights on full beam and blinding people even in the middle of the day, for me it is just plain rudeness. AND another pet beef why can't you fit silencers to those bikes, why do suburban streets have to put up with formula 1 levels of exhaust noise at all time of the night from selfish loonies. At least with a Harley it just sounds like a loud long drawn out old mans fart, and we are quite used to that in this household :oops: but those screeching Jap things are just plain selfish and antisocial. AND another pet beef, why does a biker think it is normal to overtake in any lane on a motorway at over 100 even in congestion, AND why do they try to hide their number plates, And, and, and - I could just go on and on, I am afraid I am a biker hater and think they should be banned, or all declared insane, or all be deported to the Isle of Man which would become a leper colony for bikers. Problem is I don't think they have enough room there for all the graves that would be needed :(

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Hey Richard, why stop when your on a roll. :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Sovereign wrote:Hey Richard, why stop when your on a roll. :lol:
They don't call me the Jeremy Clarkson of hi-fi for nothing you know :lol:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I think you are a bunch of loonies :? I would be more concerned at losing my life than losing my licence :shock:

On another pet beef of mine, why do you insist on driving with your headlights on full beam and blinding people even in the middle of the day, for me it is just plain rudeness. AND another pet beef why can't you fit silencers to those bikes, why do suburban streets have to put up with formula 1 levels of exhaust noise at all time of the night from selfish loonies. At least with a Harley it just sounds like a loud long drawn out old mans fart, and we are quite used to that in this household :oops: but those screeching Jap things are just plain selfish and antisocial. AND another pet beef, why does a biker think it is normal to overtake in any lane on a motorway at over 100 even in congestion, AND why do they try to hide their number plates, And, and, and - I could just go on and on, I am afraid I am a biker hater and think they should be banned, or all declared insane, or all be deported to the Isle of Man which would become a leper colony for bikers. Problem is I don't think they have enough room there for all the graves that would be needed :(
I'm actually in agreement with you on some/most of the points you've raised.
Having your headlight on at all times on a bike is simply common sense as you are a small object in often busy environments. It needn't be, or even shouldn't be main beam for the reasons you describe, however at least you did see the bike and therefore didn't T-bone him!
The exhaust thing I totally agree with you, I never changed mine from the standard and never understood why anyone would want to antagonise anyone else further than they already were and draw unwanted attention.
Undertaking/overtaking is absolutely fine if carried out at a speed relative to those around you, if the bulk of the traffic is travelling at 50mph in good visibility then filtering at 55-60mph should be fine. When you ride a bike your spacial awareness is better than if you are couped up in a box so what a lot of car drivers think is dangerous simply isn't that way from the other perspective.
There is also a time and place for everything, I certainly won't claim to be an angel but if I was "out to play" on my bike it would be very early on a Saturday or Sunday morning. At all other times you have to keep it sensible.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I can show you many a knackered client come a cropper on a motorbike and one who will tell you £750,000 in compo wasnt worth the injury .

But i tell you what pisses me off , why oh why oh why do they have to be so bloody noisy , surely there is no need ? ;)

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Absolutely no need and like I said, why draw attention to yourself any more than required?
Motorcyclists do ourselves no favours by making out that all the problems/dangers with biking emanate from car drivers, there ARE problems with car drivers but most of us push our luck a bit and should take it on the chin when things go wrong. Funnily enough I never feared for my safety, it was the fear of losing my licence that forced me to sell my bike.

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

I must admit when I used to commute into London I would often hear a bike before I saw him, which at times would keep me in my lane and not smush him.