Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
schwantz34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by schwantz34 »

hi Jason, thanks! That's right!
My name's Sergio, living in the north of italy, near Milan, long time music lover and quite long hifi setup owner, in the recent days (i.e. the last 4 yrs ) i've discovered NVA products, and since that moment i think, imho,they're the most engaging music machines i've heard in my setup, they do make the difference. And ive found in the previous subjectivist forum and i hope also in this one great guys to talk with about music and other stuff.

Poka!
s

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am a grumpy old git who designs and builds hi-fi gear.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

I'm Shane. Been living in Southall with the family since 1998 (Hence the user name) If there are some skinny members on here looking to get nice and fat, come to Southall and treat yourself to an awesome curry. Southall will take care of you poor skinny members.

Anyway, I live in the nicer part of Southall. So don't take the piss :lol:
Shane Lonergan.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'm Pete, born & bred in the once lovely town of Dover! There are still a few nice bits and I live in one of them - River, just a few metres from the river Dour. I'm sitting watching the swans, ducks and kingfisher as I type but got a couple of friends coming round later to listen to some music as they've not really heard my Phono 2 yet. Got them booked in for a couple of weeks time for the power amp bake-off - A80s v Anatek MB50s!!
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

I'm a Plasticine dog. :character-grommit:
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Gromit wrote:I'm a Plasticine dog. :character-grommit:
No your not - your a big bloke with a liquorice stick up yer nose.

I am still waiting for the youtube clip of you in full dress uniform marching along playing the dambusters march :oops:

EDIT - are you amongst this lot :mrgreen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9jXtAbghnI

Anesthetise
Been thanked: 0
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

Hi.
I'm Adam, I'm still studying. Got into the world of Hi-Fi about a year ago, discovered NVA in January by checking out very old P60+A60 combo. After lots of work and savings I bought myself A80s and Royds RR1s and I'm really satisfied with what I'm hearing right now. I also got involved in doing some acoustic work in my room, and while being a completely amateur in that I managed to make my room 'sound' a bit better (for me) :mrgreen: I enjoy experiencing art in general, especially music - checking out multiple new albums daily from almost every genre isn't something unusual hehe. I also love travelling around whenever and wherever I can (can't wait for a full motorbike driving license so I can finally do some nice trips with my dad :auto-biker: ). People that have their own philosophy and judge by their own experiences are my authorities, that's why I'm here I guess...
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
EDIT - are you amongst this lot :mrgreen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9jXtAbghnI
I was involved with the music recording (which was shite tbh, thanks to Decca f*cking it up) but not the video.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Are you both completely retired from the band now and just teaching.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Are you both completely retired from the band now and just teaching.
Just about finished now - I'm going onto the Board of Examiners for Trinity College of Music when I 'retire' plus some teaching and conducting. Am also hoping to get some sort of work which isn't music-related - having done it professionally for nearly 30 years it would be nice to do some other stuff.