gearing up for a fight on ebay

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
spacejay
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: gearing up for a fight on ebay

Unread post by spacejay »

nat8808 wrote:Wouldn't the same situation occur with any distance purchase? I can't see that this is eBay specific. What did you do in the end?

You'd have to vow only to buy in person in bricks and mortar shops to avoid it (always pick up NVA gear from Richard in person for example).
ok i use ebay in the loosest sense of the word as the vendor was on ebay.

to answer your question i did send the article back that they erroneously sent me at my expense (grudgingly) and then cancelled my original order. they refunded my postage for sending that item back (less ebay taking their cut of 27p*) and then sent my original order that i had already cancelled. i refused to accept it on the grounds that i had already cancelled my order and they are now refusing to give me my refund until they have the re-sent item in their possession, even though they have the original item in their possession. as in effect i have not ordered the re-sent item i am no way responsible for it and don't give a toss if royal mail decide to chuck it in a river. clear? well i have been watching humphrey appleby on yes minister lately .

copied this from somewhere else - if you are paying for goods over £100 and want the Section 75 consumer protection given to those using a credit card, be aware that you don't get that if you make the payment via PayPal – even if the money comes off your credit card.

one of the reasons i loathe paypal, though others on here differ and perhaps the doc couldn't run his business without it.

* message for dq : can i use your services on a no win /no fee basis for the recovery of this money? if successful you stand to make 30% of that. in fact i'll be generous and round it up so that could net you a cool 9p.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Sorry Spacejay but your post made me chuckle .

If you can prove all you say , I see no reason why you will not get a full refund . Alas , I can not take it on a no win/no fee agreement despite your generous payment terms . What you describe is a contingency fee not a no win no fee agreement and contingency fees are illegal in civil litigation . A no win no fee agreement if successful charges the other side for your legal fees , you receive 100% of your damages . Alas in non injury claims the value of the dispute must be above £5000 before you can use one .

nat8808

Unread post by nat8808 »

Think of the disruption to your life getting angry about this and the time spent disputing this with the seller and the thought and bad feeling that trails off from those replies, the time reading the replies etc etc etc..

Wouldn't it have been cheaper in holistic terms just to compromise and help out the seller correct the mistake? I find these situations are all about ego and being desperate for others to respect you or know their place etc etc - that's all in my humble opinion and people are free to disagree (I won't argue). In the end, in the big grand scheme of things, life is too short to stress over it all ! Try spending the time enjoying yourself and bringing happiness to others instead, make the world a better place. As Gandi said, act as you wish others to act.

spacejay

Unread post by spacejay »

nope. the seller was an arsehole and trying their hardest to avoid paying me a refund. they kept making 'mistakes' and in the end it was comical how bad they were.

if you are happy to get service like this then good for you. i'm not and as consumers we should not stand for it. have you actually read the thread?