Apple Laptop problem

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Apple Laptop problem

Unread post by zebbo »

Hi all
Don't know how many of you here use an Apple laptop but my daughter's one has developed a fault with the charger as in, it doesn't charge. She's taken the charger into a local store and they tried it on a laptop there and it worked fine so the problem seems to be with the machine. Has anyone here had the same problem and is there a quick fix at all?
I guess applemarc is the boy to ask but I see he hasn't been here for about a month. Any help appreciated before she, (or should that be WE), get totally fleeced at the Apple store. It's approx 2 years old with no extended warranty.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Apple Laptop problem

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He is on holiday, somewhere warm.

Neilardo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Neilardo »

Strongly suggest you try a different charger.
Same thing happened to my macbook, but they tried their charger on my machine, it worked. They said it had become incompatible, WTF, how can a charger become incompatible? Never the less, they kept my machine for a week, ran some tests, in the end they just gave me a new charger (fortunately still under warranty). Since then no problem, go figure.
By the way non apple branded chargers are available ALOT cheaper, eg amazon. Though I've never used one, so I'm not actually recommending that.
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Surely electricity is electricity. Or have Apple patented that now :shock:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

They've probably tried to make it more trendy, then they could charge more for it. I mean, what's with this flippin magnetic charger thingy anyway, everyone else seems to do perfectly well with a plug-n-socket.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: