THE KEYBOARD IS IN FRONT OF YOU...!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

THE KEYBOARD IS IN FRONT OF YOU...!!!

Unread post by jammy395 »

As promised Gentlemen & Ninanina. (Our one and only female member :clap: - Jury's still out on Terry & Grommit).... :lol:

I was going to post this on 'WHAT PISSE'S YOU OFF' but on reflection it might be best posted here...... :think:

I think we have a good old Forum going here....I love it to bit's..... as im sure a lot of other's do also.

But it kind of annoy's me that with over 110 member's and growing weekly.....The post's are em... well a bit em shit......Sorry I dont mean the posts - but the lack off them........ :doh:

I could count on my fingers (and thumbs) the number of members that actualy contribute in any Way Shape or Form on a regular basis......... :cry:

I Scroll down to the bottom of the page most nights, to see who's logged in............Quiet a numerous variety of member's - so it would seem.

But folk's.... where the fuk is yer voice......Yep that thing with squiggle's on it...............THE KEYBOARD IS IN FRONT OF YOU...!!!.....................Please use it................. :pray:

All the very best.....Merry Xmas and a Happy New year once it arrives.

Jammy................... :text-merryxmas: :text-thankyouyellow:

applemarc

Re: THE KEYBOARD IS IN FRONT OF YOU...!!!

Unread post by applemarc »

I hear you jammy I am guilt of this myself but I spend most of the day in front of a computer screen and keyboard so when I get home I just want to listen to some music. The last 3 month have been hectic judging by the amount of work I have no one would think there is a recession on at present. But I will try to post more.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Ronin

Unread post by Ronin »

I understand you're "frustration" jammy and I must admit I "was" a wee bit guilty of this.

I guess everyone has their reason for not posting, like, applemarc above.

Mine are three fold,one-I'm a bit shy :oops: Two-I;m a little embarrassed at the quality of my writing skills :roll: and three- I find some forum members a little intimidating ( look at you heading for instance ;) ) so,I never feel completely at ease.

What would be nice though,if the other members that haven't posted, could add why they don't contribute on here.

I guess there's no "obligation" but,it would be nice to have more input from the other members that are lurking in the shadows (like I was :lol: )

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Each to his or her own I guess.

But I agree that it would be great to hear other opinions. And I can't recall anyone correcting grammar. (And if anyone would do it, it would be me!). And I think we're generally a fairly friendly bunch.

So, as Jammy says THE KEYBOARD'S IN FRONT OF YOU. :happy-bouncymagenta:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

jammy395

OCH ignore me i tend to rant now and again........postings the easy bit.......Dodging the flac the fun bit.......And getting a bite now and then makes it all worth while.
Love yer Avatar by the way Ronin - Im a big fan of Abbott & Costello............ :lol:

Ronin

Unread post by Ronin »

No worries jammy ;) it's good for me to deal with different personalties :mrgreen:

I like a bit of Abbott & Costello too :clap: but L&H are the masters of comedy for me :dance:

Currently working my way through M.A.S.H can't get enough of comedy :laughing-rolling:

Take it easy ;)

jammy395

Hi Ronin,
Yep Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy were ace...Pioneer's of comedy.......... :clap: :lol: :clap:
I loved the film 'Sons of the Desert' you know the one where they join the Foreign Legion..................Pure Class....... :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I find them too stilted and predictable - for me the genius of comedy started with the Goon Show and went on to Monty Python and into the likes of Fawlty Towers and the life of Brian.

Ronin

Unread post by Ronin »

jammy395 wrote:Hi Ronin,
Yep Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy were ace...Pioneer's of comedy.......... :clap: :lol: :clap:
I loved the film 'Sons of the Desert' you know the one where they join the Foreign Legion..................Pure Class....... :dance:
I agree"Sons of the Desert" is a classic by L&H Jammy.Have you seen "Chumps at Oxford" very funny.

One of my favourites of Abbot & Costello is "Meet Frankenstein" :lol: loved it as a child still find it funny today :lol:

Doc L&H may well be predictable but it's still funny to me :lol: sometimes it's just the way you "tell them" .

Loved Faulty towers (series was way to short though) and the Life of Brian was "ridiculously" good :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Anyway back on topic folks, how about members who don't post saying why they don't (evil trick to get them posting :twisted: ).

DQ has gone quieter lately, but as he told us he has his hands full :oops: :D

Anyway for me it is also the # of views / hits that is important, we get depending on thread between 10 and 20 views per post, and with controversial ones like AoS then over 30 per post. Even a big forum like AoS doesn't get that many more views per post - so people like to see what we are saying 8-)