Darts anyone......?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Darts anyone......?

Unread post by slinger »

jammy395 wrote:Its a great shame the good old british Pubs are in decline...
Too right Jammy. Our old local was a brilliant place to be. We worked out one day that just from the people in there at the time we could build a house, top to bottom, including the electrics and telephones. Walk in a stranger, walk out a friend, that was our motto. Those places just don't exist any more, at least not anywhere I know of.

Mind you, the Missus is quite pleased I'm not subject to 3 a.m. lock ins any more. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Slinger my man - Pub's alas will be a thing of the past soon........... :cry:
We will try telling our young uns about, Freinds made, Gibberish talked, The good times had. etc...etc...etc...
And the wee brats wont believe a fukin thing we say............. :lol:
Sad Day,s indeed sir.
PS - if you (Or any other Subjectivists) ever plan heading North of Aberdeen Let me know....Love a beer or 2 with ya all................. :dance:

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Our village is lucky enough to have an excellent landlord (and wife) at one of its two pubs.
As described above, the regulars have various skills - building,mechanics, teaching, management (a couple of millionaires - very modest chaps). The locals offer to help each other out when needed - the son of one of my mates recently moved a radiator for me at a very reasonable rate.
Great mix of ages, when the universies are on holiday the local undergrads get in for a quiz night and the ages range from 18 to mid 80's and e veryone mixes and has a laugh.
A new chap to the village came in last night and was invited to join in the quiz on Thursday and the Petanque on Sunday.
Dogs are welcome (and get a free sausage or fillet steak scraps from the kitchen - my rescue Staffie pulls me to the pub at the end of long walks)
Sounds like heaven.

Only cloud on the horizon is that the current landlorld is leaving at the end of March and we are all pooping ourselves about the quality of the next. I think that we should be able to interview him/her to make sure that they are suitable :pray:

Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Which village is this?

guydarryl

Stutton in Suffolk - the Kings Head, if the rain holds off I will be popping down for a game of Petanque later.

Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1

guydarryl

Oh bugger,

Just been to the pub for Petanque, latest news is that there is a gentleman interested in turning the social hub of our village in to a Chinese restaurant :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack:

good while it lasted.

Guy

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yes...... beware the Yellow Pearl.....Someone said it...... :think: ....But till they start taking over yer local boozers....The message just dosent hit home... :evil:
Its all shuting down now - another few years and there will be no more high St shopping.....
OK you will still get the odd dinosaurs.....Boot's - Spec savers - Banks (fuk knows why) - dentists - NAIM' LINN' EXPOSURE' outlets - shoe shops...Pound savers - Fiat dealers - Curry's -
Blame ASDA TESCO MORISSON'S M&S....ETC ETC...

BUT THE REAL BASTARD THE DOWNFALL OF THE OLD WAY'S IS THE F****R YOU ARE USING RIGHT NOW.....COMPUTER.