ANY VICE'S.......?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: ANY VICE'S.......?

Unread post by slinger »

Good luck and stay strong Jammy. The change will be reflected in your wallet as well as your health, mate. :lol:
I gave up about 9 months ago in pretty much the same way as the Doc. I had a major chest infection and although I tried really hard I couldn't smoke. When the chest infection cleared up I thought it was stupid to waste the opportunity so I booked an appointment with the nurse at my doctor's surgery and she gave me tips and encouragement (and a disgusting nicotine spray) and I'm still checking in with her once a month just to keep an eye on my weight etc. So far so good. The Doc is dead right about "when you're ready..." you have to want to do it for yourself, and not somebody else to make it really stick I think.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Cheer's Slinger, thank's for the support.
Glad to hear you've stopped as well........... :clap: :clap:
It is indeed a mug's game.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Hypnosis works very well for some people.

jammy395

applemarc wrote:I may have drunk too much in the past I now just drink.

Red Wine
Malt Whisky
Good Cider
Champagne

I’ve cut out white wine altogether and only drink Rum, Vodka, Gin, and Sambuca when on Holliday

I probably eat too much as well
But have never smoked
Glad youve cut out the white wine applemarc - You must be feeling the benifit's............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well from 1968 to 1971 I spent more time out of my head than in it, but never anything addictive apart from once smoking opium (nice dreams). Very little alcohol and tee-total for a while. It was still "peace and love man" but by '71 it was getting a bit nasty. But I never saw or was offered any hard drugs, though probably too much LSD. But the social drugs are a social addiction because where ever you went someone rolled a joint and it was passed around, peer pressure was to join in. When I left that social group and work environment (on stage work / roadying) I just didn't do it any more - no withdrawal symptoms. When I got back to some stage work in the late '70s with PA:CE and Tresham I had grown out of it.

And I always site the Stones, those guys must have put down more junk than anyone in history, but are still alive and doing gigs at nearly 70, bloody marvelous :mrgreen:

I think now the most insidious substances are the things we take for granted like sugars and fats and chemicals in industrial food.

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Just had a result one of my clients needed some help on Friday so he brought his Mac Pro over for some extra Ram and gave me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year old and I gave him an invoice. I am much happier drinking Red now
Beresford Caiman Ipod

jammy395

A result indeed applemarc - lagavulin is a lovely malt (Very Peaty & Smokey)......And none too cheap either........ :clap: :clap: :clap:

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Jammy I normally drink Glenmorangie or Glan Grant but always willing to try somthing new
Beresford Caiman Ipod

jammy395

As the hifi world has the occasional bargains......(Wont mention any for fear of Shilling) So too does the whiskey world.
Tesco's own brand Malt's represent superb value for money.....2 that I know of - 1 is a Highland malt the other an Islay malt.
Both are cheap as chip's (Although chips are getting expensive) compaired to the Big branded lables - But it is the quality distillers that have been commissioned to
make Tesco's Scotch.....So its a no brainer.... :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

My problem is a sweet tooth, never liked whisky, never liked dry red wines, never really liked beer apart from lager and lime. Mandarino, Limonchello, Amer Picon and other fruit based aperitifs for me.