ANY VICE'S.......?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ANY VICE'S.......?

Unread post by jammy395 »

Having smoked for 36 year's, (15 behind the bike shed) I am trying hard to quit the habit.....Have tried many times in the past but failed on each attempt..... :doh:
This is my longest run 10 week's without a fag :clap: im doing well and am determined to stop this time. (Better stop them - before they stop me)... :pray:
But it aint easy i could murder one right now.......Am using niquitin chewing gum, which helps - but fuk my gums are sore. :evil:
Any thoughts folks on this or any other vices - Shout out........ :think:

guydarryl

Re: ANY VICE'S.......?

Unread post by guydarryl »

Hi Jammy,

I take it that the number of posts today is to give your fingers something to do, rather than rolling a fag ;)

Keep it up with the not smoking :clap: , after 10 weeks you should be getting over the worst I hope.
( I gave up about four years ago after a nasty chest infection and the GP sending me off for a chest x-ray, pretty bloody worried at the time. Only trouble is I am now addicted to the nicotine gum :shifty: )

Very best wishes. Guy
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

jammy395

Cheer's Guy.
Glad you've managed to stop.
It realy has got fuk all going for it when you think about it.
Not to mention the price - Went to buy a packet in Aberdeen airport a while back £9.80.....Not a kick in the arse off a tenner..... :o

guydarryl

bloody hell, didn't realise the government made so much money out of them (another good reason to give up!).
It makes the gum seem cheap.

Guy
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1

jammy395

Well Guy if you give up quaffing pints's o Ale next - You will have to get a new avatar im afraid....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shame coz i luz the boozing bishop..... :clap:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

jammy395 wrote:Having smoked for 36 year's, (15 behind the bike shed) I am trying hard to quit the habit.....Have tried many times in the past but failed on each attempt..... :doh:
This is my longest run 10 week's without a fag :clap: im doing well and am determined to stop this time. (Better stop them - before they stop me)... :pray:
But it aint easy i could murder one right now.......Am using niquitin chewing gum, which helps - but fuk my gums are sore. :evil:
Any thoughts folks on this or any other vices - Shout out........ :think:
Well done, Jammy. Although I kicked the habit many years ago, and I was never a heavy smoker (i.e. my nicotine addiction was low) I remember how hard is was. :twisted: It's a real battle, don't let your guard down.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

jammy395

Cheer's Terry......... :obscene-drinkingcheers:

guydarryl

jammy395 wrote:Well Guy if you give up quaffing pints's o Ale next -..... :clap:
OH NO - you have to draw the line somewhere, as the monkey said when caught pissing in the snow :obscene-moneypiss:

Guy

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

I may have drunk too much in the past I now just drink.

Red Wine
Malt Whisky
Good Cider
Champagne

I’ve cut out white wine altogether and only drink Rum, Vodka, Gin, and Sambuca when on Holliday

I probably eat too much as well
But have never smoked
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Smoking is a bad one as it is so antisocial, but remember when it was normal and to not smoke was peculiar. Everywhere and everyone stunk!!! but we (virtually) all did it so it didn't matter. I gave up in '85 when I split with my first wife, she smoked so to get the timing right to give up for both of us was impossible. I had a bad cough from a cold and just threw one full pack and one half empty pack on the fire with my disposable lighter :shock: and that was it - no withdrawal symptoms, sailed through it, where as before it was horrible withdrawal. So my theory is when you are ready you just do it.

But sugar is just as insiduous, as are fats.