Pinky's Funky Rambling's....!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Pinky's Funky Rambling's....!!!

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Some more prickish nonsense from Pinky at TAS.

"My Pip 2 preamp has a toroidal with a centre tapped secondary producing +20v on one rail, 0v on the centre (taken to ground) and -20v on the other rail. After rectification and regulation this produces +18v dc on one rail and -18v dc on the other rail for the amplifier. The bulb in the switch, 73ohm resistance is in series with a 100ohm 1 watt resistor. The connection is +20v to 0v ground. Ground is connected to true earth via chassis grounding. Why would this not trip an rcd in my house (it doesnt) when 47k across 120v on a similar transformer wired identically would?"

1/ because the resistor is connected to a bulb filament not a short circuit :roll:
2/ because you are working with DC after it has been rectified and smoothed :roll:

This is a classic example of an idiot with no knowledge misunderstanding what he is told. He knows nothing about the subject and should be treated as such - an ignorant idiot (idiot because he thinks he knows something).

It is all :Bllocks:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I think its safe to assume that pinky wont be gracing H/S again :lol:

I am lost as to why he has the desire to seem an electronics expert, he has a profession, isn't one enough . Is he a modern day da vinci :grin:

Daniel Quinn

Daniel Quinn wrote:I think its safe to assume that pinky wont be gracing H/S again :lol:

I am lost as to why he has the desire to seem an electronics expert, he has a profession, isn't one enough . Is he a modern day da vinci :grin:
edit - been away this weekend so Ive just seen he posted on AOS yesterday . Good to see I was right about the genuine nature of any aos reconcillations and fake bon homie

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

More ignorance, this time by Gazjam, but it is relevant here so I will post it here.

"Pinkie, was the comment re: floating earth about Mr Dunn and his NVA implementation?
confused a wee bit, as you said, my BPS has a true earth on output?
A solid design I say... :)"

If you build the balancing transformer / circuit into a metal case then yes you have to have mains earth. This is built to Class I regs and must have a case fuse to blow if current gets onto the case. The NVA BMU is built to Class II regs IT MUST NOT HAVE A CASE FUSE as that breaks Class II regs as the case is double insulated. So the output is ALLOWED to float which is the correct way to use balanced mains and incidently also isolation transformer safety applications.

Once again :Bllocks: talked by someone with a little knowledge, which as we know is a dangerous thing.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

DC from your latest comments at TAS you really need to read what I have posted here in the last page or so.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Sorry, I know this is off topic but I thought it would get noticed quicker here! :grin: (and you are talking about the BMU)
I've just looked on E-Bay for the BMU and can't find it, do I have to order it here? Ta
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes I haven't put the listing up at ebay yet.

Just put up a thread in NVA room and I will organise it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Pinky's latest post is purely an attack on NVA design. Will someone please report this post at TAS and we will see if the biased moderation still applies. Why am I being talked about when I have no right of reply.

Daniel Quinn

I have done

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Since buying Les W's PT1 i have been doing some reading. Of course i came across this pinky character. Found him at AOS and TAS as well. It seems he got banned from those two and is unlikely to return here. Where does this funky chap hang out these days ?
DIY FREE ZONE