Chickens, Hell Yeah!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Welder
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chickens, Hell Yeah!

Unread post by Welder »

When I finally got sick of being an engineer I went fencing, initially with a mate and later had a small fencing subcontracting company for about ten years Jammy, so fair play for doing it yourself. :clap:

I do a fair amount of fencing over here in Catalonia.
The stocknet fence in this pic below is to provide a secure enclosure for Phoenix our 70 kilo Ram. The straining posts are a metre in the ground :o ; hand dug holes I might add, all back rammed (no concrete).

The post and rail surrounds the house in an attempt to keep the sheep from eating the flowers and trashing the vegetable garden. :pray:

Just to keep it on topic, here are a couple of the chicken houses I’ve built.
The yellow one is the hospital unit and the blue one, mother and babies sheltered housing. :mrgreen:

Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Some Set up you have there Welder, lovin it....... :clap:
My Blackrocks would need sun tan lotion & Shades if they lived there.....Seriously they aint to keen on the heat. :animals-chickencatch:

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

Cheepy (the first picture) got killed today, probably by a mink. In the picture she's sitting on a clutch of eggs. she cracked TEN! and brought up an army comprising 5 males and 5 females. She used to sit on my shoulder as I cleaned out the chicken houses and on my lap if I sat in the shade for a while. I'll miss her.
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.