Strange Cargo.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Strange Cargo.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

DQ, the shit was there in the first place, all the Brits did was create a bureaucracy so people could be paid to try and organise it.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

maybe , but left to their own devises , they would have probably have had a pool by now :mrgreen:

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Some of Kim's comments below..........

So what's with the illegal immigrants hyperbole, and can we move on please?

I didn't realise the thread was about ill-informed opinions until read it.

Get real and grow a brain.

I WAS spieling on the crass and ignorant comments about 'sending them back from where they came from' crap.

But do we really have to accept or even tolerate the bigoted opinions of some members without saying something?

an outrageous statement of wanting to return a bunch of 'illegal immigrants' from where they came.

Sending them back to where they came is not an option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i respect your views Kim and hope you respect mine.............As mentioned, uk is a small Island and its pretty full up as it is. :guiness;
Your last statement IS an option - and imho the one we should adopt.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Hello J395

Yes, it was your original comments that lit a fire under my a**e. To be clear, I do respect your right to hold, voice and support opinions. But I don't respect the comments.
Many of the later comments by other forum members have been much better phrased, and without insults. I just seem incapable of doing this!
Anyway, I'm glad you responded and wish to say now that my language was rude and inappropriate. For that I'm sorry.
I've read all the posts and it's been educational and very informative. I was listening to the radio this morning about the immigrants in Calais. Clearly these people are economic migrants who want to come to England because there's work here, unlike Italy and France, where there isn't. It wasn't about so-called Benefit Tourism or persecution.
Conversely, the poor sods in that container were very probably not economic migrants and wanted to get away from what now must be a terrible place to live, with daily threats of persecution if not death.
Sending THEM back to where they cam is not an option.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

jammy395

You say......... "Sending THEM back to where they cam is not an option."

Yes it is still an Option........ All be it an option that is slowly being diminished by the Bleeding Heart Numbnut brigade.

I say........"Keeping them is not an option."

:epop:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Scotland is currently embarked upon a journey, irrespective of the outcome of the Yes/No argument. Scotland is unique and by that definition is very different to England. One of the most notable differences cited at this (referendum) time as fundamental between England and Scotland, is the latter's fundamentally higher egalitarian principles. Englishmen (such as myself) living in Scotland are perhaps (in my case certainly) swayed by this and wish to further the ideology. As you are probably aware when you return to Terra Firma rather than floating on Terra Fe, the social divides that afflict England are markedly absent from Scotland. This a good thing. However references to the thinking population as Bleeding Heart Numbnut brigade (sic), doesn't go a long way to convincing the UK that Scots are in fact more egalitarian and should be respected and admired as such.
The national (and incorrect) image of the average Scot is one who gives opinions (often rudely) but is not prepared to accept same from critics. Nor is he/she prepared to have a balanced argument without resorting to threats/expletives/insults (equally incorrect). The drink issue does't need exploring here.
Can you not celebrate your positive side instead of frequently reinforcing the cartoon Scotsman image as displayed in your Avatar? I'm constantly mystified by the apparent inability to present yourselves as intelligent, free-thinking radicals who are responsible for some of the worlds most phenomenal discoveries.
Come on.... we both know you're better than the image you choose..... And in reply to another thread.... The English may supply lots of ammunition, but that's only because we relish just how often you shoot yourselves in the foot....And long may it remain so... It's quite amusing.
Don't misunderstand... I've stayed here (see I can speak Scottish) for close-on 20 years and simply love living here. Some of my best friends are Scottish!
Did you fall out of your mothers' sporran and land on your heid when you were a wee bairn? You do seem very angry.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

jammy395

Well that was quite a long rant Kim, but im afraid "Grounds Keeper Wullie" say's........
KISS THIS.........!!!!.jpg
KISS THIS.........!!!!.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 2646 times
:guiness; :laughing-rolling:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Yes of course you do! Man in a frock shows his bottom. Quite the William Wallace touch at the Battle of O'Stirling Bridge!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Kim - Jammy is a Jammy, it matter not he is Scottish, he is a Jammy, and every forum should have a Jammy to plant a big wet fart on us when we take ourselves tooooo seriously.

Every so often he goes off on one when he becomes completely indecipherable, usually with case reversed on the keyboard. It is hilarious and well worth the wait, it is almost like a modern form of street poetry and dig into it and you see some quite astonishing (probably accidental) insights juxtaposed with the hilarious overstatement. Hopefully we will get one tomorrow after the election results.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

jammy395 wrote:Well that was quite a long rant Kim, but im afraid "Grounds Keeper Wullie" say's........
KISS THIS.........!!!!.jpg
:guiness; :laughing-rolling:
I thought groundskeeper willie was supposed to be muscular?

S.
Shane Lonergan.