MUSE

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

MUSE

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Does anyone believe they have a Muse or had contact with one.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: MUSE

Unread post by jammy395 »

Sorry Doc.....Me no understand...!!! :oops:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It would be more interesting to let you find it. BUT a term originating in ancient Greek mythology, but in modern terms it is an inspiration that comes from within, but doesn't seem to source from your own logic or calculation - it just appears. Thought by some to be spiritual, a modern example would be Paul McCartney who during the period he refers to as his muse he wrote many beautiful songs, now he has lost his muse he has lost that level of inspiration.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I used to have a muse who inspired me to write some of my best (in my opinion) songs. Unfortunately she was a married muse. :oops:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jammy395

a modern example would be Paul McCartney who during the period he refers to as his muse he wrote many beautiful songs, now he has lost his muse he has lost that level of inspiration. (Doc)

Got you Doc - You mean like Mojo. :lol:

No Cant say ive ever had one....But sometimes you are just "In the Zone" you know those rare moments when all just seems to fall into place - When you are on a roll and it would seem can do no wrong.........Far and few between alas. :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No mojo is not muse. The point is a muse is not "you".

jammy395

Na, in that case i have never had a Muse...........Im afraid I only have myself to blame. :pray:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is not a person Jammy. It has been said by someone, I forget whom that McCartney's one was Mozart but that Mozart thought he had one himself. As I say some people see it as spiritual, all I know is I can think or plan a project for as long as I like but when I just let it happen the thought processes just arrive, and when ever that happens the product just designs itself and works.

There is another modern theory behind this which is that thought processes go on unconsciously with information consciously planted, and if just left to get on with it suddenly an answer happens. I don't know which or either are true but - shall we call it a revelation - does happen. As a religious man Jammy that word will probably ring more bells with you.

jammy395

If your called Alex you could be in with a shout...... ;)

Ah yes the good old revelation (Epiphany, Momment of Clarity, Divine Inspiration) call it what you will folks....... :think:
I have, on the odd occasion had brainwaves of such Epic magnitude and Colossal power that i sometimes have to stop whatever im doing, put my tin of Export down and wonder to myself "Fuk sake did I realy think of that"...... :lol:
Yes im not one for blowing my own trumpet, But ive had quite a few "Eureka" momments in my day, but alas i still await my first true "Revelation"
The big one, The game changer, The real deal.........And it's a comin, Oh yes it is, I can feel it in my water.
But God doesnt just dish those out Willy Nilly to any old Numpty....Oh No....If you look back throughout history, you will find only a handfull of truly great
individuals to whom the Lord our true Father has bestowed this amazing blessed gift upon.....Amen. :pray:

Alex Salmond & Alex Ferguson are 2 such individuals, im sure you can think of other's...... :laughing-rolling:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well on current performance if Alex the Fish has a muse he has acquired a pretty thick one.