Taking the piss out of politics

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Taking the piss out of politics

Unread post by CN211276 »

slinger wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm
CN211276 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:11 pm Just saw a recording of last night's Jennifer Arcuri interview programme. Anyone thinking of voting Conservative needs to see it.
I have, after a very long time, been forced to agree with Boris Johnson about something. I wouldn't be returning her calls either. Mind you, I'd like to think I'd have had the good taste not to have shagged her in the first place. :lol:
What a horrible, vacuous, shouty, caricature of an American "power-blonde." Everything she says sounds like she sees it in capital letters in her head, and possibly neon-lit too.
He was shagging her for four years when married. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

TroutFisher
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

CN211276 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm He was shagging her for four years when married. :lol:
Was he? Where is your evidence? You seem to be relying on the Daily Mail, which, previously published an account from an apparent associate of the lady in question, suggesting she had vigorous body bruising sex with Bojo. Hmm, are you sure you want to believe it? It all might be true, it all might be bollocks. Consequentially, I’m staying neutral. Really can’t identify the truth, and in any case, does it make any difference at all regarding the election choices we have to personally make on 12/12/19. The whole thing is a massive conundrum for me. Really don’t know which way to go, to the point I might not even vote. All parties are obviously lying in their currently unpublished, however spoken out manifesto’s.

Have to say I am completely pissed off with my local choice. Really don’t know where to go

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

What is certain is that Johnson is a serial liar and a serial shagger. He had an affair with a co-worker while Lord Mayor and got her pregnant. He kept very quiet about it until he was found out and was reprimanded because he "...failed to declare interest over his affair with unpaid City Hall adviser Helen Macintyre, who it later emerged gave birth to one of his children.

In 2010 Johnson acknowledged the potential conflict of interest had not been disclosed and vowed to ‘bear in mind the definition of close associate for the future’.

Then he instantly forgot all about the definition of "close associate" and took up with Jennifer Arcuri and kept that quiet too, until he was found out yet again.

SOURCE

He simply ignores any rules, regulations, or laws that he doesn't particularly like. They were obviously written for lesser mortals than Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Hon FRIBA.

I am assured, by the way, that "FRIBA" is an acronym for Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects, not Fairly Rotund Instinctive Bullshit Artist.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

He could have found a cheaper prossie than Jennifer Arcuri. But she was paid for from public funds so it did not matter. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

TroutFisher
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

CN211276 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 pm He could have found a cheaper prossie than Jennifer Arcuri. But she was paid for from public funds so it did not matter. :lol:
Fuck me, you can’t resist posting misinformation, can you. There is no evidence for what you have said. You really are one of the most unhelpful people on this thread. Some of us are seeking truth to establish how we vote in a few weeks time. Your nonsense is seriously unhelpful.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Lurcher300b wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:24 am
It is a scientific fact that people - in general - behave the way that they do.
You talk as if this situation and the way people behave is entirely natural and unchangeable. The evidence is against that as shown by the remarkable success that advertising has on peoples choices. I would argue that media (both news, tv and social) has played a huge part in the way people behave and the expectations and choices they make. Education, opportunity and environment all have a roil to play in how people behave, all of those are under the control of a country's government.

Your example is not a good one either, Vulcan's are not born without emotion, their upbringing and society trains them to repress and control them.
The way people - in general - behave is entirely natural. If people - in general - behaved in a different way then the nature of people would be different.

Me on my own, I'm not able to change the emotional based decision making of a large proportion of the population.
It would take huge shifts in social conditioning for decision making for people in general to move from emotion based to logical based.
Whilst the emotional decision making nature of the population of the UK is - possibly (and possibly not) changeable it is uncontrollable. Uncontrollable by me or you or anyone else on this forum or even by us as an entire group.
And it is possible that it's unchangeable. It has never changed throughout known history.

Successful advertising underlines my point that emotional decision making is the de facto standard. The most successful advertising campaigns tend to be the ones that are most effective in pulling on the emotional heart-strings.

It's complete hyper bollocks to suggest that a UK government would or should actually try to change the nature of people from emotional decision making to logical. It's not going to happen. It'd have to be more totalitarian than the fictitious government in Orwell's 1984 to embark on such a project and even then it's uncertain that it would work.
The government could bully people into them giving the on the surface appearance that they were making decisions based on logic. But the reality would be that they were only toeing the government line because they were frightened of the consequences if they didn't.

BTW Vulcans are a fictitious construct in a TV program. Just as having the UK population in general making decisions on logic instead of emotion is a fictitious construct.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

TroutFisher wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:37 am
CN211276 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 pm He could have found a cheaper prossie than Jennifer Arcuri. But she was paid for from public funds so it did not matter. :lol:
Fuck me, you can’t resist posting misinformation, can you. There is no evidence for what you have said. You really are one of the most unhelpful people on this thread. Some of us are seeking truth to establish how we vote in a few weeks time. Your nonsense is seriously unhelpful.
Given the alacrity and ease with which you are able to dismiss CN's posting as "nonsense", then it is not CN's posting that is standing between you and the truth.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

I thought misinformation was what politics was all about.
Keep posting CN, and for others read the title of this thread.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

antonio66 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 am
I thought misinformation was what politics was all about.
Keep posting CN, and for others read the title of this thread.
Welcome home. Hope you had a great holiday.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

slinger wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:01 pm. They were obviously written for lesser mortals than Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Hon FRIBA.

I am assured, by the way, that "FRIBA" is an acronym for Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects, not Fairly Rotund Instinctive Bullshit Artist.
Bonkers Boris is in danger of being stripped of his 2011 honorary RIBA title as the queen is their patron and they have taken a dim view of him lying to the queen. Once the election is over I fully expect this to happen as his original sponsor is one of the main people lobbying RIBA for his title to be removed. Pip pip Boris :grin:
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables