Has the worship of science replaced the worship of A God

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Has the worship of science replaced the worship of A God

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Copied from a discussion elsewhere, and seem more appropriate for us to chew over.

Me - I worship nothing, apart from perhaps a well hung prime Scottish ribs of beef with all the trimmings.

Worship is a sin in my mind as it shows a closed mind.

Daniel Quinn

Re: Has the worship of science replaced the worship of A God

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

i was laughing at that exchange between macca and aniki , macca made a good point and aniki responded tritely largey because once again they had not defined their terms .

And macca when he said "how many humans have been slaughtered by all the science worshipers in the last century.." you should have replied that it is the rationalist scientific belief systems that have usurped religions belief systems that are directly responsible for most wars since the enlightenment . ;)

Also in saying you do not worship something , you need to careful that you do not argue you do not believe something , i believe many things , i do not feel the need to ritualise my beliefs by worshiping them , however that does not negate my belief in them .

it is unquestionably the case that a belief in scientific method as a means of assessing and evaluating knowledge as taken over from religion and it neccessary for people to believe this or else they would be classified as mental.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Old story from 'Punch' magazine:

Bishop to servant: 'Who is it that we love and fear at the same time, who knows and sees everything we do, and in the face of whose wrath we can only humbly beg forgiveness?'

Servant: 'The missus?'

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Naively, I feel we're all one, so worshipping anything would be sort-of be self satisfying...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

Daniel Quinn wrote:i was laughing at that exchange between macca and aniki , macca made a good point and aniki responded tritely largey because once again they had not defined their terms .

And macca when he said "how many humans have been slaughtered by all the science worshipers in the last century.." you should have replied that it is the rationalist scientific belief systems that have usurped religions belief systems that are directly responsible for most wars since the enlightenment . ;)
I wasn't going to get into all that on a hi-fi thread. My opinion is that aetheism is a religion, scientists are their high preists, and the mistaken belief that conflict is caused by religion and that if there was no religion there would be no war is their Credo.

The problem most aetheists have is that they have a scientific/mathematical/practical background. If they were better versed in history and philosophy they would realise the absurdity of their position.

joe

Unread post by joe »

It stands to reason that all non-Catholics are going to burn in Hell for eternity. Apart from that, I'm fairly open-minded on religious matters.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Macca wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:i was laughing at that exchange between macca and aniki , macca made a good point and aniki responded tritely largey because once again they had not defined their terms .

I wasn't going to get into all that on a hi-fi thread. My opinion is that aetheism is a religion, scientists are their high preists, and the mistaken belief that conflict is caused by religion and that if there was no religion there would be no war is their Credo.

The problem most aetheists have is that they have a scientific/mathematical/practical background. If they were better versed in history and philosophy they would realise the absurdity of their position.
in the end everything is a belief system .

however , beliefs that allow , prediction , repetition and control are deserving of their higher status .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

To the Egyptians, the frog was a symbol of life and fertility, since millions of them were born after the annual inundation of the Nile, which brought fertility to the otherwise barren lands. Consequently, in Egyptian mythology, there began to be a frog-goddess, who represented fertility, referred to by Egyptologists as Heqet.

I quite like the idea of God being a frog, it sort of puts things into perspective.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Marco worships himself, worship practice involves large amounts of daily wanking, with the need for two hands at once of course. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Fuk am I the only one going to heaven on this forum.......... :pray: