Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Neonknight

Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Unread post by Neonknight »

guy wrote:
Neonknight wrote:
I imagine the spin doctors on both sides are working overtime. And I am sure leaders of industry and business are making their concerns known. I am sure they hold significant influence.

But it will be fascinating to see how it all shakes out. I imagine Europe had an interest in how the banking bailout and housing crash of the 2000's played out here. I imagine it was entertaining, or at least worth a consideration at some level.
banking bailout and housing crash in the states wasn't amusing here - we were all affected by it!

spot on about spin doctors and leaders of industry and business - although it's not just influence they hold, its also wads of cash.
Failing banks "bought" with tax payers money, bonus's paid to managers for doing the job they are "employed" to do, profit making parts of the banks sold back to business at a loss to the tax payer, while the tax payer is left "owning" the debt of the bad parts of the business.

Always comforting to know that my money is being looked after by such high flying talented business men and women :angry-screaming: :angry-soapbox:
It does seem that business and commerce finds a way to fleece the general public at least once a decade. In the 70's we had the US coming off the gold standard, and tons of money was made from speculation when it became deregulated. Then we had the Savings and Loan scandal in the 80's. In the 90's we had Enron and energy companies performing shady deals and overcharging local utilities. Then in 2000's we had the housing bubble burst due to shady lending practices, which initiated the bnk bail out. And we still have a few years in this decade to get a good fleecing of the public in.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

My immediate worry is that fucking Sturgeon woman. I hope when she approaches the EU they tell her to fuck off as Scotland can't be recognised before it leaves the UK. When it does Spain will block it from joining or they will need 30 years like Turkey. Jammy do something about this nasty political opportunist as she will do far more damage to Scotland and rest of UK than the EU idiots. :angry-steamingears:
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Totally agree Rocky, she's getting too big for her boots and needs to be slapped down, gets on my goat. :doh:
Frank...made me do it.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Classicrock wrote:My immediate worry is that fucking Sturgeon woman. I hope when she approaches the EU they tell her to fuck off as Scotland can't be recognised before it leaves the UK. When it does Spain will block it from joining or they will need 30 years like Turkey. Jammy do something about this nasty political opportunist as she will do far more damage to Scotland and rest of UK than the EU idiots. :angry-steamingears:
yet another, self centered, contradictory, self serving, lying, etc. politician.

How the hell she can complain about Scotland's vote to remain being cancelled out by the English vote to leave when the UNITED KINGDOM has voted to leave, is beyond me. Particularly when one considers that for absolutely years the whole of the united kingdom has had to have labour governments because of the number of labour mp's returned by Scotland.

Let's forget about Scotland for once, not give them a referendum on "independence and just tell them to fuck off. I've had had enough of embittered losers fighting the union (in quite racist terms).
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am with you on this. I am fed up now as well. They don't need a referendum as far as I am concerned, just tell them to feck off, install a land border and charge every Scot a fee to travel across it to pay for the cost of it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Congrats everyone, we have shown how civilised we are. The other forums are either full of conflict in their versions of this thread OR as with TAS try to ignore it and refuse to talk about it :roll:

joe

Unread post by joe »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Oh yeah, to the well-off younger lot signing this petition - We're in the EU NOW, but we STILL have bad schools, housing shortages, cut backs here there and everywhere and job shortages, with severe 'me me me' competition for good jobs and Uni places. Do they really think that staying and allowing a huge influx of immigrants with no home to go to? or jobs to take? is going to make their position any better???
Do Brexiters really believe that what's left of the UK will be better able to control immigration (leaving aside the messy, prolonged process of exiting the EU and dealing with the fall-out wrt to Scotland and Northern Ireland)?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

France is critical to that.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

The large number of Brit pensioners in Spain are getting worried, they will lose their EU health-care benefits and pensions will be frozen. Many are already considering selling up and retreating to the UK.

Petition is now over 3 million (yes, I have signed it as well). Euro politicians demanding a quick resolution and a return to stability. UK politicians back-peddling like crazy and nobody wanting to take a stand.

It's starting to become quite funny after the shock and depression of the initial result. Let's just see if anyone can make any sense of this mess - are Johnson and Farage prepared to stick their heads in this noose?

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No noose, people have short memories. Remember the cries of doom and gloom that followed the Irish referendum on the treaty, which was the equiv of a vote for out. Same thing happened, let the dust settle and then (in their case) hold the referendum again and again until they got the result they wanted. This will be different of course but the outcome will be similar. There are so many ways to delay this to the point it all becomes pointless, or until the EU either reforms or commits suicide. Everyone thinks the power in this lies in Brussels and they can bully us. This is far from the truth, this vote has given us power, and Brussels is scared stiff about it. There is NOTHING in the EU treaties and charters that says any existing member can be thrown out, even if they have a referendum to leave. No one can force us to initiate article 50 until we want to.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Let the games begin :epop: